“Was Great”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stopped here on our way back to Moncton from Halifax. It was a little farther off the highway then we were expecting but it was very good. We didn't have a reservation but they still took our party of 4 and brought us upstairs to the bar area to a very comfortable little table. The restaurant proper got quite full as it got later into the supper hour.
The carrot soup was delicious and was served in a little cast iron pot which kept it really hot. Which I like but you might want to beware of that if you tend to not do well with really hot liquids. We were all happy with our different dishes. The menu is not expansive but there's certainly enough variety.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a new concept in our area. Great for lunch and brunch. Very fresh food you can see being prepared through windows to the kitchen. Can also purchase great take- home soups and baked goods. Great home cooked potato chips and pickles.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had lunch , get there early the place gets very busy. Of course it would since everything looks good and what I ate was great.
You can see inside the kitchen and see a well run machine very clean. It is also a bakery obviously busy all the time a steady stream of in and out for take out and a full restaurant.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Awesome meal with dear friends at a surprise 60th B day party.
The staff were amazing, friendly&professional.
Ribs ,Mac&cheese, beet salad, perfect. Everyone had a variety of choices from the menu and no complaints at all.
Very clean facility, bathrooms mint.
Would highly recommend .
The staff even gave me a loaf of freshly baked bread, what a surprise when I opened it at home.such a lovely gesture.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been here is the last few months at least 5 times. The overall theme is that it is consistently inconsistent. I'm always with at least one person and up to 3 others. In all cases while someone has something great and amazing, most of us have something very bland and/or served lukewarm. The curry squash soup is very bland unless you are someone who likes things that way. Very little flavor or curry for that matter. The bread on the basil/tomato/mozza sandwich is so chewy and toasted, it scratches your mouth to eat it. The coleslaw is absolutely tasteless. When I told the waitress this, very politely, she told me that they are trying to rework the recipe because others have said the same thing. The ribs are over cooked and served at room temp almost. The good? The onion rings are out if this world and I would stop there just to have them. The salads are great (although the beet salad needs more dressing - every time I have had it, even though I like very little dressing), the pasta is very good (sausage often comes in huge chucks though), my daughter tells me the steak was served exactly as she likes it and was very tasty. So as I said inconsistent. There is a lot of room for improvement. I will keep going back though. The location is great for me, the atmosphere is nice and it is local. The service is usually very good.