“Lovely for lunch”

The Cellar Bar & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A well-established restaurant in Bedford,Nova Scotia, with a menu which tends towards imaginative Italian. Although a casual restaurant,pasta,wonderful salads,and fanciful pizza are all served on white-linen tablecloths.
Service is attentive and accomodating.I recently took a party of 4 visitors to the Cellar
for lunch and all food was wonderful.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

In town for training and my wife and I met my sister, brother-in-law and my mother for dinner there on a Saturday night. The restaurant was busy but not overly so. Our waitress was not exactly the most attentive and joyous we ever experienced but maybe she was having a bad night. Took a little long to get served with drinks and to get her to come back to place our order, although to be fair my notoriously slow mother kept her menu open for a long time trying to decide what to order only to again order the favourite dish-haddock. My wife and I ordered pasta dishes and also shared a cheesecake for dessert. Meal was a good size and I was very full. Really didn't need the dessert but it just looked so good and it was. Would go back but since we only get to Halifax infrequently, would likely try other places next time but The Cellar is definitley worth a visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Was there for lunch on Friday. The food wasn't good at all. Some of my linguine wasn't cooked and it was tasteless. Also they only had one lunch item available, everything else was from the dinner menu. The lunch item contained shrimp, which would kill me so I had to go with a more expensive option. Service was slow and then, because we were in a group, we were informed when we got our bills that a 15 per cent tip was added in automatically. The meal and the service did not demand even that much of a tip.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I chose the pesto chicken pasta, gluten free, and it was delicious. The house red wine was also tasty. The service was excellent. The server brought a bread basket to the table, when I ordered gluten free, she also brought me carrots and celery sticks to nibble on before the main couse arrived. Two pasta dishes, 1/2 litre of red wine, and two coffees was approx $70.00.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We arrived here for a special group retirement party. The first thing my family and I noticed was how scorching hot the restaurant was. It appeared as though there was no air conditioning to speak of on the hot night and it was very apparent that everyone was feeling the heat from the kitchen.
The services was relatively prompt considering there were two servers available to the group of 50 or so of us that arrived. They gave us a nice back room to be able to facilitate our celebration. The wine that we first received was a little on the rancid side, the bottle had been opened for a while and that acidic flavour was apparent. The waitress was more than willing to take it back in exchange for something different.
Our food arrived, we ordered the escargot to start, and then the pork tenderloin and the scallops. All food came out hot, which was great. The meals were portioned very small, considering the price, and subsequent lack of flavour.Lots of oils were used to compensate for flavour. I was underwhelmed by the meal, as it was a little bland, but the restaurant did a great job of catering to the larger group. All in all , it was a lovely experience, as my family and I got to enjoy a wonderful celebration together. The food could use some tweaking, as it lacks any distinct flavour to make it stand out.