“Great Sushi”
Review of Hamachi Mura Sushi and Thai - CLOSED

Hamachi Mura Sushi and Thai
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 9, 2012

very good sushi restaurant for Sushi lovers, tasty and fresh, the service is good

1  Thank mego43

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Bedford needs more restaurants and this is a great addition. The menu is the same as Young St and the food just as fresh. The service was good. I ordered the Teriayki Dinner with Chicken and Shrimp. My friend order rolls. A nice tall Sapporro to go with it made for a nice meal.
I'll be back for sure.

2  Thank notkevin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you have a craving for sushi or for any South Asian cuisine, this is a safe bet. We had sushi and it was tasty and fresh.

Several of us got the Assorted Maki dinner which comes with 18 rolls (California, spicy salmon, spicy tuna), house salad and miso soup. I got my rolls without tempura bits to save calories AND to better taste the tuna and salmon. I think my friends wished they'd done the same thing as all these places tend to put a ton of tempura bits in the rolls (maybe to make them look bigger?).

There's another sushi restaurant that I go to that has a similar deal in the HRM. Their house salad and miso soup are better in my opinion. Hamachi's house salad comes with a giant hunk of tomato (but no knife to cut it with of course), onions mixed in with the lettuce (ugh!) and too much salad dressing. The miso soup was bland and lacked seaweed and tofu but had lots of onions.

The service that we received (Sunday evening) was amazing. Part of our party was late (35+ mins) and when they did come, they brought a toddler. Our server was absolutely fantastic, was attentive but not pushy.

The decor is typical of Hamachi House... I find the mural a bit over the top and a bit tacky. The washrooms were clean and adequate.

A bit about the menu: all of us had sushi because that's why we went to the Hamachi House... but if you have a friend/spouse that doesn't like sushi, the menu also has curry dishes and other South Asian cuisine that should accommodate someone that doesn't love sushi.

1  Thank glenarbourgal
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Sushi was very good, exactly what I would exprect from the Hamachi Group.
Our waitress who had experience was not very attentive, we had to ask for cutlery, napkins, and took her a long time to take our drink order.
This is a new location for Hamachi I really like to the location of this property. Decor is very nice and the food was very good.

Service nees improvement,