“Love this place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dartmouth, Canada
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great spot, great atmosphere...if it were in downtown Halifax I'd expect it to be packed all the time. I've often said that no restaurant has been able to make a better plate of nachos than my wife, but Finbars with additional ingredients such as caramelized onions, sure comes close!
Happy whenever I get to drop in here.
It is located in a strip mall, so don't expect much of a view other than the parking lot, but I go there to eat, not to look out a window.

Dartmouth, Canada
“Good food, exceptional service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had supper with 2 friends. Place was packed but we only had a few minutes to wait for a table. My friends had fish and chips, veggie currie bowl and calamari. Both enjoyed their meals. The kitchen lost my nacho order and then burned the replacement order. So it was a long wait. However, the staff kept me informed of the issue with my meal. The floor manager comped my meal and glass of wine. Our table also received a complimentary Baileys cocktail for the inconvenience. I was very pleased and appreciative of the comped meal and the service was absolutely excellent. I certainly will return and do recomment the food/ service. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food.

New Brunswick, CANADA
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had lunch at the Finbar's in the outside patio seating. Menu was plentiful. Service was prompt and our waitress took the time the explain the specials and answer any questions we had with the menu. The food was very good and reasonably priced. I would recommend to friends and family and I would eat there again.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice lunch here with friends.....the portobello burger is wonderful - as are the other burgers. The fres, both sweet potato fries and the regular ones, are firs rate. Nice assortment of local beers. We ate outside on the patio. Not the best ambience as it borders the parking lot, but the weather was too nice to sit inside. Friendly and good staff. Definitely a good spot in the Bedford area.

Visited August 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Great, freindly atmosphere but avoid Wednesday or get there VERY early”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not a large place but it has a patio outside for the summer evenings. The staff are real friendly. The menu has a few options but I can recommend the Mussels (good as a starter to share between 2). If you are diabetic or celiac they will know what you mean! Plenty of different beers.

There is a Pub Quiz on Wednesday nights. This is good fun if you are a couple but you will need to get there very early to get a table. There are some folks who take it very seriously.

Well worth a visit. It can be tricky to find as it's opposite the Sunnyside Mall (East of the main road) but tucked away in the corner. Loads of parking.

• Visited July 2013