“Cheap and Clean, but dated.”
Review of Esquire Motel

Esquire Motel
Esquire Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Moncton, Canada
“Cheap and Clean, but dated.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you're looking for a basic motel with free wifi, comfortable beds and a great old fashion diner across the street, this is the place to come. It is away from the busy downtown, so you can take your time to unload and get checked in. The front desk is a 1 on 1 basis, and very friendly. The rates reflect the rooms, if you're paying less than half the price of a hotel in the downtown area, don't expect the same quality. It has free parking in front of the door for quick unloading, free wifi, a nice pool and great staff.

Room Tip: Medical rates are offered with a doctors note.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
North Sydney
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Checked in, entered room, gurgling from bathroom wash basin where a tide of filth was rising from the drain hole, subsided and reappeared. Asked for and given another room. Bed legs loosely attached to bed which was wobbly. Bathroom floor dirty with wet dust and hair. Bed unchanged.from previous guest. Too tired to care.
Saw staff as we checked out and told her of problems. She did not answer. I asked if she had heard me. She said she had, and that was that. The charge was higher than the Best Western at Chocolate Lake which was full on the night in question. The Esquire is a disgrace in terms of quality and price.

Room Tip: Sleep on a park bench; it's cheaper lthough the dirt and comfort level will probably be on a par...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BluenoseNorthSydney
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

this is an old economically priced motel close to the city and clean the price is right and front desk people are second to none.although there is no wifi there is a computer at the front to use the motel has a resturant although its accross the street that has good food.The train runs right behind the motel so ocassionally there is some noise from that

Room Tip: all rooms are about the same
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trickytraveller360
Hannon Ontario
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was told there was air conditioning, clean, bright, freshly painted roomsin the apartment behind the office that we were suppose to rent for 2 weeks while visiting our home town. Arriving after a long drive from Ontario we were looking forward and excited to check into what we were advised would be a clean 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, dining room apt. with washer dryer and BBQ for us. I gave the front clerk my credit card but told her that I would be paying at the end of the stay with my debit. She informed me that they required an imprint of the card in case of damages. Unfortunately when I went into the apartment I could smell mold,must, and urine in the very old carpets and furniture. I immediately went to the front dest to make other arrangements. We looked at the cottages and they were just as bad, very smelly and hot - no air conditioning. After realizing that we could not sleep in such dirt I told the girl on the desk that we would not be spending our vacation with them. I was totally afraid to catch something or bed bugs. We were misled on the telephone as to the condition of the motel and the rating that the Nova Scotia tourist book gave them was not what I will give them. Certainly they should not be open for business until they clean, disinfect, and remodel immediately. This is not the way I live and won't pay to live in dirt while vacationing. In my opinion find a clean honest place to stay, which we did, and it was actually less expensive and much nicer than the Travelers Motel or Esquire !!!! Smarten up we are Canadians and want CLEAN sheets and rooms to sleep in.

Room Tip: Go to the Quality Inn or Lakeview Inn much cleaner and worth every penny.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo-Anne F
New Waterford, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have no objections to ants, outside where they belong. Not crawling over my belongings and the furniture in the room. Also having power bars and electical cords running under the bed and behind the furniture did not ensure a good nights sleep. As the saying goes you get what you pay for and that is what I got.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lois R
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The motel is old and that is visible in the decor. However, the room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, which I think is one of the major qualities of a motel/hotel. The front desk girl was very friendly and even helped us plan our day trip around Halifax. All of the staff treated us like we were long time guests and tried to help in any way they could. The motel is pet friendly and has wireless interent in their rooms, which is very convenient. The staff love dogs, so you don't have to worry about tying them outside if you want to go into the office. The Esquire is located in the perfect location as there are many restaurants in the area, as well as many malls and shopping areas. The only thing I wish I could have changed was that I came when the pool was open! I will be back.

Room Tip: Mention if you have any allergies to pets as they have specific rooms that pets are never registered...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Comfort Inn Halifax
#22 of 28 in Halifax
Coastal Inn Halifax
Coastal Inn Halifax
#23 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Esquire Motel? Share your experiences!