“Always great food”
Review of May Garden

May Garden
Ranked #27 of 65 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lower Sackville, Canada
“Always great food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food. Plenty of it. Always some to take home afterwards. Great prize though it was gone up lately. In Bedford they are always friendly and quick service.

Visited April 2013

Halifax Nova Scotia
“I never got to try the food; the service was so poor”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We got an offer through Groupon for the May Garden restaurant and decided to purchase the Groupon. Hey we had not had Chinese food in a while, so let's check the place out.

We arrived at about 6:30 on a Thursday night. The place was not unduly busy and the waitress/hostess said we could grab one of 2 tables by the window. It was not a warm welcome, but I was not too worried about it. She have us menus and left. I had not paid too close attention but my wife noting the poor ambiance and the poor first contact with staff. What followed was a memorable, Top 5 worst, dining experience in Halifax for us...memorable for the silent hostility and piercing ring of the phone for takeout orders.

We took a bit of time to figure out what to order and planned on trying a good mix of things. Nobody had come by but we were concentrating on figuring it out. 10 minutes became 15, became 20. No water...no order.... I looked at my watch. 6:50. They had actually served a few tables that had arrived after us, even though we were in the middle of the restaurant. I tried to hail the waitress as she went by and she said it would be soon. That was enough. She did not really even try to prevent us from leaving. Saying sorry when you don;t really mean it is even worse. Baffling indifference.

So my rating is biased and may be unfair, since I did not even try the food. Others seemed to like it and actually the other diners seemed to get their food. There are 100's of other places in the city to eat. If you are going to run a restaurant, the least you can do it greet your customer warmly and try to take their order within 20 minutes.

As for the Groupon we will try to get a refund...failing that we will just eat the nominal investment. Would not set foot in there again on a dare!

• Visited March 2013
Grand Etang, Canada
“Great food.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food was excellent, I couldn't even finish my plate. The staff was so kind to my busy 3 year old. If I'm ever in the area again I will definately be returning to this restaurant.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Ahartya
Windsor, Ontario
“Great dim sum”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went for dim sum on a Sunday afternoon. Made to order - hot and fresh. Great service. Definitely one of the better dim sums in Halifax region. Also as a bonus, the restaurant is very clean!

1 Thank rtan73
“If you want Dim Sun you have to try here, I've had better bu this would be the best in Halifax”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

They only serve dim sun on saturdays and sundays, it is good, probably the best in Halifax.