“Disappointing restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were happy to see a new nice hotel open up. We had lunch there several times but each time the food was disappointing. What a shame, because the hotel is lovely!

1  Thank giselajud
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mykonos

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is to be praised also is the bar.

However the restaurant was pretty bad so it is difficult to give a review on this hotel restaurant.

I chose the T bone (which by the way, wasn't a T bone) and asked for it cooked rare. Which for them was raw.

The service was surprisingly good.

If had reviewed the hotel I would have given very good.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Mykonos is a beautiful property and located right on the highway near the site for the new mall. Great staff and the pool is inviting and enjoyable. The rooms are very comfortable the overall experience is terrific. I highly recommend this hotel when in Santiago.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at the hotel which, as always is excellent with great staff and facilities. I did not feel like driving to another restaurant to eat so went to the hotels restaurant. Waitress was good and the tomato soup that I ordered was really excellent. The second course was Punto de Palomillo which I have eaten many times in other restaurants and one of my favorites. Unfortunately after I managed to cut a piece and tried to eat it I found that it was so very tough that it was literally impossible to eat. I called the waitress and the maitre came over and apologized. I was asked to order something else and had the Filet Mignon. It was edible but although a good portion lacked the usual flavour of the dish. However I think that the management should really take a good look at the only one thing that lets the hotel down! I felt sure that the staff were embarrassed and that it was not the first time that they had had complaints. I actually asked the waitress to recommend something and that is how I ended up with the Filet Mignon. My thanks to her!

1  Thank MalagaBill77
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I were on vacations and went for lunch at Mykonos restaurant on 04/18/2014.
I asked for a Grilled Octopus. After 30 minutes came my dish with octopus in tomato Sauce.
I told the waiter that this wasn’t what I asked. He took my plate and told me that because of the mistake (his mistake) he has to pay for the dish. So I waited for 45 minutes and he brought me a “new” octopus bathed in soy sauce. It tasted awful, uneatable. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me that’s what they serve as Grilled octopus. He may tough I was stupid! At the same time I saw another disk coming from the kitchen and guess what, it was the grilled octopus and it looked completely different.
I can’t assure this, but I think it’s very likely that they took the octopus, wash it at bathed it in soy sauce, just to avoid losing a dish, because a mistake they did.
After complaining the manger apologized and didn’t charge for the plate. For all my family it was a very unpleased lunch, and let me very disappointed about such a nice hotel and restaurant.
Wrong dish twice Very disappointing