“Okay, but basic”
Review of Comwell Holte

Comwell Holte
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holte
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Set in a nice, but quiet area of Copenhagen, The Comwell offers everything that it should, but no frills. The rooms are clean, but basic, and the range of English speaking channels offered is limited to CNN. If you are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Copenhagen, and don't mind being a little bit out of the city, then this is fine, but it's not really a hotel that you go to for a 'feel-good' experience. The best description would probably be to say that it's 'functional'

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim M

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Staying 1 night at the hotel - made booking via internet Winter offer 450 kr pr person and you get 2 course dinner - a 18 sq m room and breakfast. Dont think you can find it much cheaper at this standard.
We were very pleased with the room - for the price you get room with nice comfortable bed for 2 - working station and extra chair and free wifi. Off course bath room could be larger - but it served its purpose and 2 soft towels pr person was adequate for us.
Dinner was fine - was included in the stay - not much to chose between - not a problem to us - quick and attentive service and we enjoyed the food we were served. Breakfast pleasant surprise as well - should be something for everybody to enjoy - good selection of bread. Staff told us on arrival to avoid breakfast between 9,15 and 10 the following day as they had big party at that time - good service.
Enjoying the breakfast we could look out into the garden/park where you could take a walk if weather was better.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would definately come back if we needed s short stay in that area - we brought a Little dog a long as well which was welcoem on the hotel at extra charge.
Hotel is situated a Little away form the main road - so nice and quiet surrondings - off course like in most hotels you can hear sound from neighbour room if they turn up the tv - but overall very pleasant eánd enjoyable compared to the Price we were charged.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We renamed this "hotel" the juvenile detention center. It was dreary and impersonal. The rooms were TINY and overlooked the saddest, grayest courtyard I've seen. The reception staff were unhelpful, when I called to ask if they had a gym (it wasn't clear on their website) I was met with "no" then silence. Further probing as to whether there was a gym in the area, my response was "I don't know I'm not from this area". Then hang up.

I think any hotel where the rooms are on another floor with no elevator should ring serious alarm bells. Plus cobbled stones leading to the front door, perfect for ruining the wheels of your suitcase.

The food was severely limited and very slow. Our second dessert wasn't available "because it had gone bad". Hashtag, concerning.

If you can avoid staying here, go out of your way to do so. We checked out a day early to go stay in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank BeckCatt
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Comwell Holte Hotel is an excellent solution for managing conferences, the hotel is of good quality, clean, functional and comfortable. The staff are qualified and kind.
The hotel is a bit isolated, but provides all the necessary services. The rooms are simply furnished but comfortable. The WiFi line is fast and stable.
The only thing that I would recommend this hotel is to expand the choice of menu at the internal restaurant. It is a good restaurant, but the menu is a bit too short :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Marco P
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hello, I ended up here because there were no available hotel rooms left anywhere in Copenhagen today... So I arrived with no expectations. I googled the town Holte for restaurants, did not find much, so I asked reception about dinner in the hotel restaurant. They said I had to book a table. I thought, "great, this must mean it is a nice restaurant". What a mistake! I am not exaggerating, the only main meals on the menu were 1. Burger or 2. Salmon salad or 3. Club sandwich.

I am sorry but that is not called a restaurant, that's a cafe.

So, if food is an important factor for you, avoid this place.

However, the room is a good size one, comfortable bed. Good reliable free wifi. Good size practical desk for working. I loved the lighting.

Overall, average I would say...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I walked from Holte station, it took 40 mins. Staff on reception were great; friendly and helpful. The Mona Lisa burger in the restaurant was a good meal - it filled me up. WiFi was free and very strong - so no cutting out. The beds are futon style with a very thin mattress on top of a divan base, plus the usual European quilt (about 10cm longer and 10cm wider than me). This was not comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Located in green quiet place not far from Copenhagen north. Hotel has nice design, rooms are not as good as seems. Could be nice to have kettle for making tea or cafe in the room. Not the best loud isolation.Very good breakfast choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holte
Sinatur Hotel Frederiksdal
3 mi away
Living Suites
Living Suites
#1 of 1 in Naerum

Been to Comwell Holte? Share your experiences!