“Long waits & high prices for mediocre food”
Review of Soup Herbe - CLOSED

Soup Herbe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Long waits & high prices for mediocre food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have frequented this restaurant quite a few times over the past couple of years but, today was our worst experience. The wait times for the food was taking longer than we had time for and the place was very noisy so, we ended up just walking out. Last week we waited two hours for our food and when it came, they got it wrong and had to make it again. We are disappointed because we have come many times but, at this point, we've decided to take our business elsewhere. One other point, if you don't like onions, don't eat here. Everything is laced with those smelly spanish onions.

• Visited October 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Slightly long wait but great unassuming food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our 3rd time to Soup Herbe. The restaurant is a bit cramped, but in more of a quaint style fitting for a little restaurant in Chelsea. Dinner was great (Rouleau Soup'Herbe & Mexican Burrito) - my only suggestion for both of those dishes is to quickly crisp the tortilla in a fry pan or under the broiler, since they both tend to get soggy from all the ingredients. Chocolate pecan pie is a must for dessert.
Service was relatively slow, but not a big deal since you're typically in Chelsea to relax. Great place to eat after a visit to Le Nordik!

• Visited August 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Vegetarian meal missing a little something”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok, I admit I am a meat lover. But don't assume that my title means that what's missing at Soup Herbe is meat. Actually I really enjoy good vegetarian food but what I found at Soup Herbe is that the options are not that great. The menu is filled with the usual vegetarian fare and nothing stands out as unique or special. Last time I had a "meal size" salad and although the price was what you'd expect, what I ended up getting was quite small. My wife's meal was also a small portion. Everything was good and tasty but I hate coming out of a restaurant still feeling hungry.
The restaurant itself is quite small and ideal for a tete-a-tete. If you show up with a large group, expect to wait for ever to get a decent size table.
Service is OK, no more.

• Visited June 2013
Canada
“Just Ok!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lovely country location in beautiful town of Chelsea Quebec.
Seating is really cramped for four and table real small.
Service was generally average to good but not excellent.
Menu items frequently missing. That tends to disappoint especially when you arrive early for the service.

Food was OK but in terms of vegetarian I've had more creative and refined fare.

Recommended but leaves room for improvement.

• Visited September 2012
Chelsea, Canada
“Delish!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

You will never miss the meat at this delightful and intimate vegetarian / vegan restaurant. Service is friendly and efficient, and the food excellent.

Visited January 2013