“One of the top French restaurants in the region”
Review of Les Fougeres

Les Fougeres
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is currently closed for renovations and scheduled to re-open with a totally refreshed look in early December. We hope to see you then.
Ottawa, Canada
“One of the top French restaurants in the region”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hands down fantastic.

A bit pricey, but has vaulted (years ago now actually), into the top echelon of French restaurants the area has to offer. Close your eyes and trust me here.

Internationally renown and world award-wining sommelier Véronique Rivest almost single handly put this place on the map, though I hear she has moved on. With attentive, inventive, passionate chefs and top notch service, this is what the best French Canadian cuisine is all about. No other style to envy. Great wine selection, but almost too difficult to pick from the tantalizing menu.

Nestled in charming Chelsea Québec but a stone throw's from Ottawa, *THE* place to go to impress anyone. Add an uber popular little side business take out deli on the side that will tempt you like crazy with fois gras, meat pies, duck magret and a wide range of delicacies and you have a place you will be telling friends about for a long time.

Makes me proud to be from the area.

• Visited November 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, great service, great setting”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been going to Les Fougeres since it opened and it is as good now as it was then. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable and the food remains creative, delicious and beautifully presented. We have enjoyed breakfast, brunch, lunch and many dinners and when we have out of town visitors it is usually our first choice for a guaranteed special meal. I would also recommend the lovely book, A year at Les Fougeres, a feast for the eyes and a great source book as well.
Also, the attached boutique has a tempting array of prepared food to take away ...and the tourtières are justifiably famous.

• Visited September 2013
Canada
“Mediocre”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I was hoping it would be better than the first, but not so. I had the scallops and fish with mussels....the coating on the scallops totally ruined what should have been a wonderful dish. None of us finished our meals. Nice enough seating on the side veranda but considering that we'd had the reservation for a week, they might have given us a better table overlooking the apparently wonderful back garden. Will I give it a third chance....probably not.

Maxwell, Barbados
“I WOULD GIVE THIS SIX STARS IF I COULD :)”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a wonderful setting, see attached pics. The food was wonderful. I shared a Charcuterie Plate with Cheese with my partner. Then I opted for the Confit of Duck and Poached Pear, served over Potato Rosti, Spinach and Goats Cheese. Dessert was Intense Chocolate - Dark Chocolate Brownie with Fresh Raspberry Sorbet and Summer Fruits. We washed it all down with 2 bottles of Mystique Cider, just like Sparkling Wine! Couldn't fault anything. The food was heavenly :). Cost for 4 people CAD$200

“Wonderful Time-out”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Much has been written about the quality of the food- I enjoyed my choice immensely-from presentation to quality of the food. The service is wonderful- We were seated on the back verandah, overlooking an amazing garden, under the watchful eye of Marc and his team-- always attentive, but not always at our elbow. I was very impressed by the training and attention given to the table service and clearing. Plates were left on the table, until each person had finished eating-- I haven't experienced this in a long time-- even in very upscale dining places. Well done Les Fougeres-- I appreciate this attention to the fine points of serving and clearing. We had a wonderful 'time-out'- I hated to leave.