“Loved it as always!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was there today ... Maybe my fifth time in six months! It rocks!
Dine alone or bring a Freind ... Either way it always rocked for me!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The day was freezing, my friend and I popped in for a late lunch. The walkway and entrance really do set the mood and draw you in to this cosy place. The interior is great, a lot of effort has been made in all the details. The artwork for sale on the walls was an interesting addition, made for good conversation.
We split a panini, I believe it was a vegetarian with goat cheese. My parisienne french is rusty, though my friend's QC french is passable.
They provided two plates and brought our order to the table. The panini was Delicious!! Hot, crispy and yummy. Highly recommend.
The only reason the rating is a 3 was due to the service. The waitresses were definitely competent, quick, and polite, But...they were aloof, hardly responsive in trying to communicate and it felt we were interrupting their conversations when ordering and asking where the restrooms were.
Yes, to be fair, the language barrier was a factor, but usually it makes for a more dynamic & dramatic interchange. Been to many other non-english countries and that's usually a fun aspect.
I've worked extensively in service jobs and have just realized that: your service experience can trump, your food experience. Very surprisingly, I'd be reluctant to try the café again, even though the panini was delicious.

ChelseaBiscotti, Gérant at Biscotti & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello,

We're very happy you enjoyed the food and location of our little café, but so sorry to hear that you had a bit of trouble communicating with our staff. Knowledge of the two official languages is a requirement for all of our service employees. It is very important to us. And we hope you come back and visit us again as we believe this to be an isolated event.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was reluctant even to write a review because I wouldn't want it to be 'too packed'...such an original tiny cute place that offers a lot of local goods. Very quaint and great after a long walk in the forest of Gatineau park!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very nice selection of deserts. We only had the croissants which were very good. Very busy, but we were served fairly quickly.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Biscotti's on Scott Road in Chelsea in small in size but big in taste and quality! In the warmer months there is outdoor seating and even a playhouse for the kids. They serve mainly panini sandwiches, salads and desserts. Lots of vegetarian options. There is always a great selection of paninis. Try the potato salad and see if it isn't as good as Mom used to make. Desserts range from wholesome date bars to decadent chocolate mousse cake, all made in house. They are now licensed for beer and wine, but don't miss the cappuccinos! Service can be a bit slow but always friendly, so relax and enjoy the slower pace of Chelsea.