“There's another coffee shop in Chelsea...go there for good service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Biscotti & Cie

Biscotti & Cie
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Wine and Beer
Chelsea, Canada
“There's another coffee shop in Chelsea...go there for good service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I gave this place three chances because I like to support small businesses, however each visit was worse than the last. The first time, my boyfriend and I walked up (almost tripping on the so called "interlock" they have) and wanted to order some lattes, there were no signs anywhere about the types and prices, so we had to ask the counter girl what they had...and she had no idea what they had. They really need to train their employees better!
Take two: we decided to give the place another chance, this time I was only hungry for a soup, but apparently I could only order the soup if I got a panini...weird! Not to mention that the employees definitely had customer service issues.
Last chance: I went there for a final time only because my sister wanted to try the place. It was 2:30 in the afternoon, and apparently that's their [odd] closing time! How are we supposed to know, they had no hours of operation sign and no "open-closed" sign, the young lady behind the counter just hastily served us (giving my mom some real attitude), and then proceeded to turn away 8 more customers that came in behind us! One couple had even spent 10 minutes getting their baby out of the stroller, and out of his winter gear! She was VERY RUDE!

Needless to say, I will definitely not recommend this place to anyone I know!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Rebecca_Svensk

Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Beautiful, warm, inviting café... that falls short with the food.

I was very disappointed with my experience on a not too busy Sunday afternoon.
The prosciutto paninis were uneven - some were nice and others were drowned in Dijon mustard. The café latté and cappuccino were tepid. The chocolatine looked wonderful but tasted of yeast. The fruit salad had way too much star anise.

Fortunately, the veggie panini was delicious.

1 out of 6 people was happy with the meal... we will not go back.

• Visited November 2012