Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:00 AM

MorriganLeFay
Halifax
via mobile

1,111 results
All reviews infinity pool salt water kalla treatment hot tub steam room thermal experience relaxing experience flip flops massage therapist fire pit dining room bring your own tapas couples massage on site russian sauna total relaxation
Reviewed 2 days ago

The management of Nordik Spa in Chelsea is the absolute worst. The customer service skills I would rate a 0 star if I could. When my boyfriend and I arrived at the spa, we waited in a crowded line for about half an hour (nothing was relaxing about that). We loaded $40 onto our wristbands to buy food during the day. We asked the cashier if we did not spend all $40, would the money be put back onto our card? He said YES, it would go BACK on your card if not spent. I bought a $6 wrap, and my boyfriend didn't spend any money.

A few days later the remaining money we didn't spend wasn't put back onto our cards. I figured it would take a few days, so I called Nordik to ask how long it took. The girl on the phone seemed clueless to what I was talking about. She had to put me on hold 4 different times to "go check" every time I asked a question. All together in total I was on hold for probably 45 minutes. She said in her system it showed my boyfriend got his full refund in cash at 6pm (which was absolutely incorrect since we left the spa at 2pm). She then began to argue with me saying he went back later in the day to get his refund which was false because we were together all evening. She put me on hold AGAIN, and I had to wait even longer.

She came back on the phone and said there was an issue with there system, and that if we wanted our refund we had to go back to the spa to get our refund in cash in an envelope that will be left with a manager. This is extremely annoying for several reasons. First off, we were told the refund would automatically go back on our card, which was a LIE. Secondly, we are not from the area so we have to drive almost 2 hours to go back for our $40 refunds.

The lady on the phone did not seem sympathetic at all, and didn't seem to care. To me, this is their fault for telling us false news. Now I have to waste more of my time to go back there to get a refund I was told would go right back onto my card. This is how they make all their money, and basically scam their customers.

The only nice thing I can say about this place is the staff that is on site in the restaurants, are very friendly. The spa its self is a beautiful place. Very relaxing, and a beautiful scenery.

I will probably not be going back because it is very obvious management does not care about their customers, and just all about the money. Very sad. This place has such potential.

3  Thank StephanieCrites
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We used to love this spa, but lately it’s been an hassle. We arrived at 10am and the spa has been fully booked with full waiting list! Prices skyrocketing every time we visited with my husband. I suggest that the spa updates their website the day off if it’s full. You can’t call cause no one picks up the phone and to have people to drive there and be turn away it’s just unacceptable for the price of the spa.
One feel bad for people travelling from all around Ontario and Quebec just to visit Nordic spa.
How about reserving the spa experience? And to have a line up for 1.5 hrs it’s little too much.
We went and enjoy the close by Amerispa as the service is so much better. Yes it’s smaller spa but much more enjoyable then overcrowded Nordik with being fully booked in am.
You might have good business now but if the service doesn’t change, customers will thing if they visit you again. At least that’s our case from now on.

4  Thank Karin M
Reviewed 5 days ago

So I really don't know why Le Nordik boasts of being the best and largest spa in North America because that alone is a lie. My girlfriends and I (3) of us got a few gift certificates for the spa and we decided to go in the evening around 5:30 hoping to have a lovely evening.

Since you are not allowed to book a thermal experience, we hoped to do our check in seamlessly. Not the case. We were greeted the bearer of bad news in the parking lot telling us to turn around because the spa had been in full capacity and would be full till midnight because they already established a waiting list.

To me, this makes no sense.
While many people were leaving, we were told the place was stiff at full capacity.
First of all, my question is: how do they know when someone is leaving????? They have no way of tracking of that. If someone leaves their bracelet in a basket at the desk,or decides to leave it in the change room, how will the system know?

It's super annoying because we drove up from London Ontario. The customer service has seriously gone down.They are more interested in taking your money for a sub par service. Because they boast of being the "best", they now feel they can treat people anyhow but still keep racking up the prices.

They say they were at full capacity because they had renovations in the locker rooms hence why limited space. I don't how true that story is but it should have been mentioned on their website. If they spend so much on renovations, they should pay more attention to their customers' needs and keep the website up to date with up to the minute information because we consulted the website and it said business was open with no mention of renovations or wait time. Tried calling and no one would pick up. Another thing, you would think they would offer some type of discount for this inconvenience but nothing, they don't feel the need. Even when many of the areas are closed, they never give a discount. It's so annoying.

Overall, I think I might start going to Amerispa because Le Nordik has become over-commercialized, over crowded and not well maintained. The once peaceful nature spa in the woods has now become a party place that is loud and crowded.

There is no point in bringing new services and products and raising prices if the basic components like customer service are not being carried out.

The only reason I am going back today is because I have a gift certificate. If not, Amerispa or even drive further in Quebec.

Horrible!

6  Thank Nikkia L
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Called 3 weeks ago to make a reservation for treatment. All massage fully booked and since they are renovating other treatment area - no other treatments available. I asked about making lunch reservations. They said they did not so that... So I asked about just showing up - they said no problem. We arrived today to find a 90 minutes wait outside.

Unbelievable. Will not bother ever going back. Drive from Toronto last night in awful storm. This has ruined our weekend.

6  Thank ailenem2016
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First of all, i have to say that we have been in this spa since it opened but it did not get better over the years, it has become a money making disaster, far from the meaning of a spa.

It is crowded all-the-time, early morning, weekdays, weekend name it. There is literally no place to sit down in a sauna because people are in your towel, nobody respect personal space in those saunas. You go in a sauna to sweat and relax not for having people sweating on you and on your towel. It is very non hygienic, one can pick up easily any skin and other problem.

The prices are in the sky, simple admission fee, and fee for the robe and salt water bath for two people are more than 300$ and you haven't eaten yet nor had a treatment.
I wouldn't mind the price if I could enjoy the silence and the meaning of a spa in a hygienic environment. But this place is neither of them. It is only a people milking factory.

We won't be back.

5  Thank zenoOttawa_ON
Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I went today to celebrate 20 years of marriage and we had a great day. My favorite elements were floating in the salt bath, the Panorama lounge, the yurts, and the epson salt treatment. We enjoyed 6 hours there and could have easily stayed for several more. When leaving I felt more rested and relaxed than I had in months. If you choose to go, be prepared to share the experience with others seeking an escape and ENJOY!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you have a chance to relax and let your hair down for the day. This is the place. Known as a "thermal cycle spa" there are plenty of pools, saunas and yurts to go in and experience. All you need is time. The cost is $65.00 for the day ( 9 am to 11pm) and this gives you access to pretty much all the saunas, pools and relaxation. They have another area called the Kalla Treatment which is in a temple like setting and is amazing.It is like a massive float tank. I think this is additional $45.00. I never pictured getting there once let alone twice in one year!! Can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I went with a friend on a Monday. It was very busy. Cost was $78 to enjoy the saunas, pools and sitting areas.
I suggest giving yourself an entire day to experience multiple cycles of hot-cold-rest and bring your own robes and flipflops.
Cameras are not allowed inside.
I enjoyed the "Aufguss Ritual" twice.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Have been there in almost every season of the year, in rain and snow. Very relaxing experience.

Tried Kala once with extra fee, not too bad but probably won't do it again.

1  Thank choco841
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good morning choco841,
Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy that you enjoy our facilities!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I loved the spa and I loved my treatment. The setting, buildings, treatments were spectacular!! However the 1.5 hour wait outside was completely unacceptable. I had already booked a treatment as had my friend. The spa opened at 9:30 we were in line by 9:15. Yes it was a Saturday, but still. There had got to be a better and more organized way to accommodate weekend or peak crowds. People who have booked ahead should not have to shuffle in line like cattle for that long. I would have also bought some merchandise but I saw about thirty people lined up and was not going to ruin my day that way. Also please let clients know that they cannot add a tip from their preauthorized visa. I did not have any cash on me and I was directed to an atm. Ridiculous, as I had just authorized my visa for $150 and what? I’m going to get out $20dollars from the atm and getting nicked for a $2 charge. Again ridiculous. Once some organization can be brought to bear with respect to getting in this spa is truly a five star.

1  Thank karenina4

Good day karenina4,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed our facilities. Please know that our goal is to offer an optimal moment of relaxation to our guests and we are extremely pleased to announce that our IT team is currently working on the self-registration method to check-in our guests in a timely manner. This new program will significantly reduce the waiting time at the reception. Pre-authorization on credit cards allow guests to make their transactions in our different areas of the restaurant only. Any tip in the area of massage therapy, it is presently not possible to make any payment with the electronic bracelet. Nevertheless, it is possible to make a withdrawal of cash at one of our post at the Boutique with your debit card only. Once again, we thank you for your visit and we look forward for your next visit.