“Best time spent on a cold winter day”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

If you are in Ottawa in winter and can afford a full day for pleasure you must plan and visit the Nordik Spa-Nature in Chelsea. Beware that you should go there in the morning preferably around 9:30 and plan for staying there until the very evening like 9 or 10 pm or until they are closed at 11 pm. The location is easy to get to by car: just 15 minutes driving from Ottawa downtown across the river. For those who are not familiar they offer what they call "thermal experience" that includes combination of saunas, baths, whirlpools and pools in a very relaxing environment. Most of the pools and whirlpools are outdoors and in winter they offer a great experience of hot and cold water treatments accompanied by complete relaxation but I guess would also be enjoyable during summer may be with less contrast. I went there on a Valentine's day and so far it's been one of the best experiences and I will go there again for sure.

Nathalie L, General Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Hello Alexander T,

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experience! We are always happy to read our guests’ experiences.

Indeed, there is so many facilities to try that you can easily spend 12 hours here! And winter is particularly amazing!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a massage and it was absolutely amazing. After the massage they give you a receipt if you ask for one and they also gave us a nice chocolat because it was "Easter Friday". What a nice touch !
We also went to the Aufguss ritual that is offered daily (11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm) and it is announced by the sound of a "gong". It's a must try !!! I always make sure to be there for it because it is so cool ! Eric was doing the Aufguss and he was very good. The movements were according to the musics and it last about 10 minutes or so.
With the locker, you have 2 bath towel. You just have to bring your bathing suit, bath robe and sandals.
We had the chance to meet the owner and he was such a nice man. He explained to us all the spa, the water treatment that is being done every 30 seconds.... Wow !!! and so much more. It was nice to see that he took the time out of his busy schedule to just talk to us and he was charming.
There is still some new constructions... a russian spa.....can't wait to see it ! and try it.
The owner really had a great idea when he decided to build this lovely spa. It is the nicest and biggest in North America. Keep up the great work !

Hi Lyse B,

We are happy to see you shared your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments very much and we are thrilled to have you as a customer.

See you again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My fiance and I booked a hot stone massage a few weeks in advance, which apparently was a good thing to do, because when we arrived, we were told there were 600 people on site! There was a long wait for the pools and saunas if you didn't have an appointment booked already.
The lounge was very busy, but it still remained fairly quiet. When we arrived at the massage rooms, I was under the impression that since I booked (online) a massage for 2 that we would be getting it together, but was informed that I had to call in to request a duo-massage. But ask and you shall receive...when we went to our rooms to get changed, the masseuse told me that they actually switched rooms around for us so the wall could be opened and we could share the experience. Great service!!! Especially given the incredible amount of people they had to move around in one day. Not to mention, the massage itself was extremely relaxing.
This is definitely a place worth going back, only next time we will be arrive early and spending a whole day in the pools and saunas outside.

Hi Kevin C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and we are happy to see our staff was able to go above and beyond so that you and your partner could be in a duo room. Our vision is to turn every visit into a unique and memorable relaxation experience.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We love this place but I had to let Ontario people know that we just received a $451 QPP fine for an expired Ontario license plate sticker. We did some online research and this is a common thing. They drive in the parking lot at the spa frequently and look for Ontario plates with expired stickers. Cha Ching for la Belle province...

It came registered mail... no face to face police time -

At the end of the day - we did have an expired sticker - But $450??!

We love the Nordik - have gone multiple times - and will continue to go in the future.

Satisfied yet vexed Ontario couple.

3  Thank Justin B

Hi Justin B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for the warning to other Ontario clients. It is unfortunately the only thing we can do too… to tell all our guests to make sure their license plates are paid.

We are sincerely sorry for the situation, but unfortunately, as mentioned, we are powerless against it. It is legal for police associations in Quebec to issue fines for expired registration plates and this, in public and private parkings, for all Canadians drivers. They unfortunately patrol many Chelsea parkings…

Best regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Husband was out of town and I'd been wanting to get here since moving to Ottawa. The visit was incredible- OMG!!! I couldn't believe the multiple numbers of grottos, pools, saunas, relaxation areas, heat beds,etc. Since I was a first timer, I tried the Kalla bath and had a massage in addition to the base entrance fee. All were top notch; what was also unexpectedly top notch was the food and wine- cheese plates are wonderful- you can get them by the cheese or in groups of 3 or 5. The portion sizes were generous. It was absolutely wonderful to enjoy some wine and cheese and while the afternoon away. I also ate in the main dining room- very good as well- so nice to be able to go everywhere in my robe and bathing suit. I wish I'd been here with my husband- so romantic!!! I'll definitely be back. I arrived at about 3PM in the afternoon and departed at 10:00 PM. Perfect timing for me but based on the talk I heard in the changing room, some had been here since noon or earlier.

Hello Gamelanlover,

We are happy to hear you had a great time on your visit at Nordik. Indeed, it is easy to spend the whole day here, since we now have 7 baths, 8 different saunas and many indoor and outdoor relaxation areas!

See you soon with your husband!