“Ahhhh”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a lovely Spa and we have been a few times to enjoy ourselves. I would suggest calling ahead because sometimes they have one of the facilities closed for maintenance or cleaning and you may be disappointed. For example twice now the hot tub was closed when I went which for me is very disappointing because that is one of the main reasons I go!
Very clean facilities and beautiful surroundings.
Do not leave valuables in your vehicle as the parking lot does not appear to be monitored. I am curious to know how someone ended up with a parking ticket? Would love to know so that I can be sure not to get one.

1  Thank ErinJames
Thalie S, Public Relations Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Hi ErinJames,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and for your kind words.

The customer you are talking about didn’t get a “parking ticket”, but a “ticket” in a “parking” . It was for unpaid license plates. It is unfortunately legal for police associations in Quebec to issue fines for expired registration plates and this, in public and private parkings, and they patrol many Chelsea parkings…

So the only thing we can do is to advise all our Ontario guests to make sure their license plates are paid on time.

Nathalie Lalonde

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've been there a few times now, and I must admit that my favorite sauna is the Finish one.
every 2h or so, they do an ''haufgus''. which is a ritual with 2 different odors. Very intense. The employee pour infused water on the stones and then takes a towel, make it spin around the room.
The sauna gets hotter and hotter everytime he does it. its a really nice experience.

The only thing that bugs me right now is that they change the fact that you could go get new towels. You have 2 in your locker and that's what you have for the day. If you want another one, you have to pay 2$ for each towel!! and for me, this is unacceptable! Seriously, you're going to a spa, pass around 8 to 10 hours over there (when you go for the baths) and you have 2 towels??!! I swear that after 2-3 times going in the water, your towel is damped!!
So come on, I would have to pay like 10-15$ more during my day just for towels?
This is something that really bothers me, it's expensive enough without having to spend money for that

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stay away! The parking lot is patrolled by local bylaw officers looking to make money. Our most recent trip left us with a $450 parking ticket. The last time we were there, someone broke into our car and stole several of our things. The parking lot is a dangerous place!

8  Thank A B
Thalie S, Public Relations Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi A B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very sorry to hear what happened to you during your visit at Nordik Spa-Nature.
We are very surprised about the robbery. We have a security team monitoring our parking many times per day, and no such incident was reported in the past months.

Regarding the ticket, we are sincerely sorry for the situation, about which, unfortunately, we are powerless. It is legal for police associations in Quebec to issue fines for expired registration plates and this, in public and private parkings, for all Canadians drivers. They patrol many Chelsea parkings. The only thing we can do is to advise all our guests to make sure their license plates are paid.

Nathalie Lalonde, General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place was divine! We arrived and were greater by friendly staff despite the line up. The pools and saunas were amazing and there was a good variety (some dry saunas and some aromatic and some regular) The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing which provided the perfect setting for connecting with your partner on a deeper level. Couples massage was great and was tailored to you. The food was good but the service was phenomenal! The waiter didn't bother us every 3 minutes to ask if we were satisfied, but made sure we were happy and never did our wine glasses empty as he was there out of nowhere to refill them. His service really what made our dinner special. On top of all of that.....the prices were so affordable and worth it.
A little note; you can bring your own bath robe and water bottle instead of renting and purchasing one (and bring a toque in the cold months as sitting in the hot bath is great but your head gets cold :))

3  Thank M3gan3
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I know I try hard to avoid mixing a review of a establishment, with a review of the staff but today I am going to break my own rule, the reason is that 2 members of the staff changed the review from good to very good and they deserve mention (so other customers can ask for them and get the same amazing treatment I did).

First a review of the facility, it is very nice. Well planned and laid out, while there are a lot of options for saunas and pools they have been blended into the environment to the point where they disappear giving you a sense of tranquillity and nature.

The design of the facility borrows a bit from Scandinavian design and adds a hint of zen to it, it works well and a lot of details have been well thought out from the large rounded rock bottoms of the pools to the double doors in the saunas (the entrée is too small in most of them so you end up often having both doors open at once but it is a good attempt). Sadly in terms of the Sauna's (and I will confess I am Swedish) they are at best hot but several are just warm. My parents always asked who forgot to turn on the heat in the Sauna and that is what if felt like yes you sweat but you have to sit there fore 30min before you start sweating! the only exception to that is the Finish Sauna when they add water if finally is how a sauna is supposed to be.

But the 2 highlights of my visit relate to the dinner and the massage. I had Eric give me a fantastic massage, he worked my sore shoulders and back with just the right combination of deep tissue and swedish relaxation massages. I normally like a firm massage as it relaxes the muscles in the long run but he did convince me that a balanced approach accomplishes MUCH better results and now 10hrs later I have admit he was right.

From there I went and tried several of the pools and my favourite is the waterfall massaging your back as the snow was falling, the infinity pool was way to cold for my liking and the fence completely ruins the effect! Also the dry sauna is very nice and cozy.

Well after a long day it was time for dinner and all I can say is thank you Caroline (I have a suggestion for anyone going to the restaurant RESTÖ, ask to be seated at her table). She took wonderful care of us and made us feel special form the first moment until we sadly had to end our experience.

I had the Homemade wild rabbit rillette, game meat pâté and smoked bison, accompanied with nigella bun, cedar jelly and Nordik-style pumpkin chutney, the flavour combination was superb and it paired wonderfully with the recommended wine.

I then had the Deer bavette infused in boreal spices, blueberry gastric sauce, served with Nantes carrots, Chioggia beets and blue yam purée but since I am not a Rosemont Estate fan she swapped it for a Smoking Loon – Syrah, and while it went well it was not perfect alas I forgot to ask for the deer medium rare so it was overcooked for my liking but a great dish well composed and balanced.

Caroline allowed us to swap the deserts for cheeses so we enjoyed the TOMME DE SAVOIE VERDANNET, LAIT CRU (FRANCE) and the LOIRIER, MORBIER DE CHÈVRE (FRANCE) wth port wine. All in all a wonderful meal and amazing service!

I would recommend going to the Spa but avoid weekends or holidays.

1  Thank Peter_Bomberg

Dear Peter_Bomberg,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Nordik Spa-Nature, and for your kind words. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our visit.

Be assured we shared your good words with Eric and Caroline, as well as our restaurant chef Renée!

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Nathalie Lalonde