“A fantastic day!”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My fiance' and I made reservations for an early afternoon massage which was wonderful! We then did a circular path to hit four saunas and then the hot tub. The "Infinity Pool" is so relaxing. The spa is built around rocks and trees and all in all, a beautiful landscape! There are areas for purely relaxing in silence and there are other areas for conversation. We had wine (a very good Merlot) and a cheese, fruit and nut platter (which was also very good). The staff members are very helpful, answering any question we had. We highly recommend Nordik Spa-Nature.

1  Thank Jim C

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband took me here for my 40th birthday..a first for both of us. The baths were fantastic, the staff was extremly attentive. We ate in the restuarant and had the pulled pork sandwich and marinated beef panini. Both were wonderful. As an appetizer we had the brushetta and it was to die for. We were served promptly. Our order was taken at 4pm and we were served by 4:10pm. We both had massages and thouroughly enjoyed them. We look forward to returning. One tip I could give would be to have your snack in the restaurant. We had a cheese plate (and although wonderful $22.00) in the lounge area in the Panorama section we realized later that we could have had something a little more substantial for a little less money in the restaurant (you can sit outside in both areas.)

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent an evening of pure relaxation at the Nordik spa. The atmosphere is serene; surrounded by rocks, trees and water, you see beauty all around you. We enjoyed side-by-side massages and a very good meal at the restaurant (appetizers and desserts were exceptional; mains were a little disappointing - needed more seasoning). We spent 6 hours there (stayed until closing at midnight), and felt we could have spent several more. We came out feeling utterly relaxed and refreshed.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently went with my girlfriend for a "girls day". It was my first time there and her 2nd time. My issue is with the fact that we arrived at 11:40am with the intent of having a nice lunch, sharing a glass of wine and then enjoying the baths. My girlfriend had also planned on a lady minute massage...if possible. We were greeted by a very nice hostess who informed us there was no chance of a last minute massage as they were booked. That's fine. But then we were told we could not check in and that there was a 1 hour wait. In the spirit of staying upbeat and positive we brushed off the wait and told the nice greeter that we'd just go have our lunch, a glass of wine and pass some time. Unfortunately for us....and ultimately them, we were told you can't use the restaurant until you've been checked in.....once your number has been called. Talk about disappointing. We decided to stick it out since we were there anyway and headed up to their "loft" waiting area. I kid you not when I say hat there had to be 50 people waiting for their turn at paradise up there?! We could order beverages only. From this loft area we cold gaze down at the basically empty restaurant which was just cruel! We even tried to get the waitress to let us order a small snack from the restaurant but that wasn't allowed either. After 1.5hrs and having seen very little movement we went to inquire about how much longer and where we stood on their wait list. How's this for discouraging? Well, there are still 7 people ahead of you and I've let no one in since you arrived.....1.5hrs ago!! At this point we finally thought to ask what their maximum number of customers was and would we even get in. Our lovely hostess then advised that they let people in until they run out of lockers and then they close. So, was quite possible for one to wait for 2hrs only to be told sorry, we're now full. My girlfriend and I ended up leaving at this point. We were missing out on a gorgeous day, Ottawa was close by with lots of other places for us to spend our money on so we bailed. Le Nordik's system is seriously flawed!! My friend and I both have backgrounds in the hospitality industry, we're both in our early 40's, we're professional women who were prepared to SPEND some money and it just seemed this spa retreat wasn't interested. How ridiculous to not let your customers use the restaurant while waiting?!?! I could have easily spent $50 without even using the spa facilities and then, if you were still full by the time I was done my meal I could have left but you still would have made some money. Certainly not rocket science. I really think their website should be updated throughout the day warning potential customers of the long waits AND I think they need to re-think their rules about the restaurant.

6  Thank Cocogirl2012
Thalie S, Public Relations Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Cocogirl2012,

Thank you for your comments. Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Sébastien Ranger and I’m the Director of Food and Beverages Services here at Nordik Spa-Nature. The details of your experience are of a true value to us and they help us constantly improve our level of service.

I understand how disappointing the surprise of a waiting list was when you arrived. Although I don’t know exactly the date of your visit, it is true that on some busy days, especially on weekends and holidays, we quickly reach the site maximum capacity. I’m sorry you were given a timeframe as we all know it only depends on people leaving the property, one by one. A special attention to this point will be shared with the personnel in order not to create further incorrect expectations. As for the restaurant, it is important for us to keep the availability of the seats for our onsite guests. I trust there was only a few guests in the restaurant at the time you arrived but it certainly became busier later during lunchtime. Letting people from the waiting zone have a meal in the restaurant would probably cause a waiting list in that area as well, discouraging our registered guests. Having a server assigned to the waiting area is a way for our guests to get a little something while waiting. I take good note of your suggestion for snack items to be available in that sector.

I’m sorry your first visit ended up that way. Hopefully we’ll have the chance to welcome you again soon!

Best regards,

Sébastien Ranger

Reviewed August 2, 2013

So I did not grow up going to spa's. I went here because my part had a gift certificate. The experience was great. They have pretty strict rules on silence - especially close to the lodge but this works well when you are trying to relax. There are multiple saunas, steam rooms, pools, hot tubs, cold splash pools and wooden fires. They also run a special event with different smells in a sauna - listen for the gong - very interesting. They have a restaurant and bar on-site. The food and drink are great - not cheap but also not expensive if you are careful. Overall this was a very relaxing experience with and several hours there flew.

No complaints from me.

Thalie S, Public Relations Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi IrishCanadian65!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

Hope to see you again soon!

Maxime Lapalme