“Changes mostly for the better”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Always stop in here when I visit Ottawa and the place is great.

1. The new saunas add variety; the hot ones are HOT, yay! The aromatic one is relaxing.
2. The new pool is sooo scenic!
3. A talking area is such a good idea; should now please everyone.

1. No steam allowed in any sauna. With 5 saunas, at least one should allow water!!! A steam room is NOT the same thing! This remains my one big complaint.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"last visit"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My first review but have been maybe half dozen times now. Love the sauna's, steam baths, pools etc. Nice to have my own routine to relax and unwind. through the resort. The restaurant food is delicious and the perfect break after a couple treatments. Had an amazing relation massage this past time and highly recommend my therapist Shannon. Most other patrons are generally quiet and respectful, which is what is expected at an outdoor nature spa....any spa for that matter.
Will continue to go as often as I can! Keep up the great work!

Cliff- Ottawa

1  Thank lrg&incharge
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Le Nordik is a great place to unwind and take life slowly. The natural beauty of the Gatineau Hills serves as a perfect backdrop for a variety of saunas, pools, and seating areas, each one with its own individual attributes. Where else (other than an all-inclusive resort) can you pad around all day in a swimsuit and bathrobe, including in the restaurant?

This was our second visit to the spa, and it did not disappoint, although we were not terribly inspired by the the Kalla (salt water) treatment. The entrance is attractive, but the grotto itself, as seen from the "floater's" vantage point, is nothing more than a series of heavy concrete blocks (not a problem if one follows instructions to keep one's eyes closed); the piped-in music, while intended to relax, was distorted from time to time by the sounds of hammering being amplified by the water (probably due to construction work nearby).

That said, the new Panorama section is stunning, particularly the view from the eternity pool; we didn't stay long enough to see the sun go down, but I can imagine how lovely it would be to cap off a perfect afternoon from that location.

A day at le Nordik, with lunch and maybe a massage, is the perfect antidote to a hurried
lifestyle; everyone should try it at least once!

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We have lived in Ottawa for 20 years and have heard about this world-famous spa for years. Obviously, so have many others! This was meant to be a well-deserved relaxing break from the kids. Instead, it was a stressful experience for both of us. All pools, hot tubs & saunas were full to capacity. It was a chilly November day and we were constantly seeking heat! We finally found a couple of chairs in a pergola with a fireplace where we could relax... until two big mouths started having a loud conversation! There are signs all over telling people to whisper. We did manage to get into the new Kaala bath, which was very relaxing (warm, saltwater floatation in a dimly lit underground pool). Can't reserve this one, so you're lucky to get in when it's busy! Our experience might have been different had we not gone on a weekend, but not everyone has the luxury of going to the spa on a weekday!

4  Thank StellazA