“life in the slow lane”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Le Nordik is a great place to unwind and take life slowly. The natural beauty of the Gatineau Hills serves as a perfect backdrop for a variety of saunas, pools, and seating areas, each one with its own individual attributes. Where else (other than an all-inclusive resort) can you pad around all day in a swimsuit and bathrobe, including in the restaurant?

This was our second visit to the spa, and it did not disappoint, although we were not terribly inspired by the the Kalla (salt water) treatment. The entrance is attractive, but the grotto itself, as seen from the "floater's" vantage point, is nothing more than a series of heavy concrete blocks (not a problem if one follows instructions to keep one's eyes closed); the piped-in music, while intended to relax, was distorted from time to time by the sounds of hammering being amplified by the water (probably due to construction work nearby).

That said, the new Panorama section is stunning, particularly the view from the eternity pool; we didn't stay long enough to see the sun go down, but I can imagine how lovely it would be to cap off a perfect afternoon from that location.

A day at le Nordik, with lunch and maybe a massage, is the perfect antidote to a hurried
lifestyle; everyone should try it at least once!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"couples massage"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We have lived in Ottawa for 20 years and have heard about this world-famous spa for years. Obviously, so have many others! This was meant to be a well-deserved relaxing break from the kids. Instead, it was a stressful experience for both of us. All pools, hot tubs & saunas were full to capacity. It was a chilly November day and we were constantly seeking heat! We finally found a couple of chairs in a pergola with a fireplace where we could relax... until two big mouths started having a loud conversation! There are signs all over telling people to whisper. We did manage to get into the new Kaala bath, which was very relaxing (warm, saltwater floatation in a dimly lit underground pool). Can't reserve this one, so you're lucky to get in when it's busy! Our experience might have been different had we not gone on a weekend, but not everyone has the luxury of going to the spa on a weekday!

4  Thank StellazA
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Was there on Monday..nov 19 .a nice sunny day to be at the Nordic..been there a few time..but the kaila treatment and the panoramic bath were not done yet.....wow what a feeling being able to float and not to worry that a fish will come and poke you....
I have done the hot and cold ritual...I went to the panoramic bath..at around 11:00 the sun was great and the view was spectacular.and the salt water bath (kaila) what a feeling went a few times during my stay.
Had lunch at the new restaurant and tapas and white wine...and the company of my sister and her daughter..can't ask more...
To end my stay at the spa I went back to the panoramic bath to contemplate and admire the sunset...wow too much ..
A place to go..at least once a month...
I didn't want to leave the premises...I was there from 10:00 to 17:00.
I had a gift certificate....for my 60th...I still have $ on it for the next time.
Go for it.
Louise Prevost
Ottawa

1  Thank louise90
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had an AMAZING Experience at Nordik Spa Nature yesterday ! Indeed, the "Vivifying Treatment" was one of the Best Treatment that I had in my life ! I would definitly recommend it ! Perfect gift for Christmas !

1  Thank Amelie L
See more reviews
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Living in Ottawa for awhile it became a monthly ritual to head out to Nordik Spa for some relaxation. When I return to this great city I always clear at least half a day to revisit Chelsea Quebec for a tour of Nordik. For less then $50 you get a locker, a couple towels and a bottle of water - this includes access to the saunas and the hot tubs. If you follow the reccommended treatment -hot - cold - relax repeat, after a few cycles you'll be feeling a million miles away from anything else. It's great to bring a sappy novel to enjoy as you relax, or cuddle up in a cozy robe by the fire close your eyes and relax. The tea is complimentary and they have plenty of water fountains to encourage you to stay hydrated. The staff are pretty diligent about walking the grounds ensuring other guests remain quiet so no one is disturbed.
The setting on a Mountain is wonderful no matter what season. The smell of burning firewood soothes your soul - laying in the sun in the summer, or watching the snow in the winter - day or night this setting is romantic and / or relaxing.

The restaurant onsite offers a limited menu, serving all courses and offers daily specials. The food is typically lighter - nothing fried - (you are undergoing a detox afterall). The price isn't crazy expensive and the table turn around time is pretty quick.

Everytime I visit they are renovating, adding a new steam room, relaxation area, or something... regardless of the work being done onsite I've never found it a distraction to the relaxation I'm there for.