“Great spot!”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Kingston, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great spot!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved this spot - being from Europe, one thing I miss in Canada is proper spas with saunas. This is as close as it gets to finding a proper thermal spa in North America.
The grounds are impressive, what a variety of saunas and love the hot pools, hammocks and other relaxing areas. We didn't book any treatments, but just all the saunas alone can keep you "busy" all day. Even when the spa is full, all the people still spread out and with a little luck you can stretch out in a sauna. At that, I think the admission fee is fairly reasonable when you have an unlimited stay.
Staff was friendly and we did appreciate the silence signs that were even carried around.

No review without a little criticism though - here are the things that we felt could use a little fine tuning...
- If the website had a bit of information on the fact that on weekends, the spa fills up around or even just before noon, we would have certainly made an effort to arrive earlier. As it was, we were put on a wait list and told we could sit in their lounge and wait our turn as they had run out of lockers. Within a good hour of waiting, maybe 2 parties got called. We decided to call it quits and come back the next day.
- Then, certainly to avoid the early fill-up from the day before, it was suggested that the two of us share a locker. We didn't think that was acceptable and asked for 2 lockers nevertheless which wasn't a problem. I felt that this practice may fill the spa beyond capacity and even though the grounds are spacious it would feel overcrowded...
- Relaxing types of music can be a good thing, but I felt it was overused here. Considering the call for quiet & silence I would've appreciate a spot without continuous music, at least outside. It was just getting too much.
- Introduction of proper use of sauna & etiquette. I felt like Canadians aren't very familiar with the proper use of the sauna cycle of hot, cold, relax. Or the fact that you should always sit on a towel. Also, no overview of the grounds and what's available was given at check-in.
- All around, the spa was clean and well taken care of. I did miss hoses to spray down your spot in the steam bath before sitting down though. That was a bit icky.
- I also missed sauna sand timers in most of the saunas.
- I didn't feel it was reasonable to be charged 2$ for extra towels after the first set of two which are naturally soaked after a short while.
- Zero-Gravity chairs in the relaxation areas would be a real plus.
- Considering the European sauna tradition - while being aware of North-American culture- it was a thought to have maybe one or two saunas where it would be possible to sit without a swimsuit on.

Even though we felt there could be some fine-tuning, we loved the stay, found it totally relaxing and will most certainly be back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Berlinchick72

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“lovely place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

the location is great and east to get to. the facilities are fabulous and the food is good too. something for everyone.

Québec, Canada
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“What a great day at the spa!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I gave my boyfriend a massage and spa acces certificat for his birthday and today was the day for this. Second time there and we simply love it for all it got: the sauna of all kind, hot thubs and most of all, the new activity: the floating bath AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Worth paying a little extra for it. Try it if you love a day the spa, this is the place to go.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I received the best massage of my life here from Amie Desjardins. She is obviously quite experienced and incorporated some techniques I had not experienced before. I wasn't aware that I could even feel relief in my lower back/quads until I had her as my therapist. Every aspect of our visit was excellent. We went on the Friday before a long weekend so my only recommendation is to arrive a bit earlier than normal if you have an appointment during those busier times, because there is a line to get in. The staff should have been frazzled but everyone was calm, professional and friendly in managing the hectic check in situation. We've never felt so relaxed. The property is beautiful! We had a small hiccup with our massage therapy receipt and the staff was so professional and attentive after the fact when we emailed them, sending follow up messages along the way and after our receipt had been mailed to ensure we were constantly kept in the loop. Customer service at its best. We will be making it a habit of visiting.

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“relaxation plus”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

the entire spa experience here is super. You feel like a star and are pampered to the max. Great sort of girls day or solo me day.

Visited June 2012