We loved this spot - being from Europe, one thing I miss in Canada is proper spas with saunas. This is as close as it gets to finding a proper thermal spa in North America.
The grounds are impressive, what a variety of saunas and love the hot pools, hammocks and other relaxing areas. We didn't book any treatments, but just all the saunas alone can keep you "busy" all day. Even when the spa is full, all the people still spread out and with a little luck you can stretch out in a sauna. At that, I think the admission fee is fairly reasonable when you have an unlimited stay.
Staff was friendly and we did appreciate the silence signs that were even carried around.
No review without a little criticism though - here are the things that we felt could use a little fine tuning...
- If the website had a bit of information on the fact that on weekends, the spa fills up around or even just before noon, we would have certainly made an effort to arrive earlier. As it was, we were put on a wait list and told we could sit in their lounge and wait our turn as they had run out of lockers. Within a good hour of waiting, maybe 2 parties got called. We decided to call it quits and come back the next day.
- Then, certainly to avoid the early fill-up from the day before, it was suggested that the two of us share a locker. We didn't think that was acceptable and asked for 2 lockers nevertheless which wasn't a problem. I felt that this practice may fill the spa beyond capacity and even though the grounds are spacious it would feel overcrowded...
- Relaxing types of music can be a good thing, but I felt it was overused here. Considering the call for quiet & silence I would've appreciate a spot without continuous music, at least outside. It was just getting too much.
- Introduction of proper use of sauna & etiquette. I felt like Canadians aren't very familiar with the proper use of the sauna cycle of hot, cold, relax. Or the fact that you should always sit on a towel. Also, no overview of the grounds and what's available was given at check-in.
- All around, the spa was clean and well taken care of. I did miss hoses to spray down your spot in the steam bath before sitting down though. That was a bit icky.
- I also missed sauna sand timers in most of the saunas.
- I didn't feel it was reasonable to be charged 2$ for extra towels after the first set of two which are naturally soaked after a short while.
- Zero-Gravity chairs in the relaxation areas would be a real plus.
- Considering the European sauna tradition - while being aware of North-American culture- it was a thought to have maybe one or two saunas where it would be possible to sit without a swimsuit on.
Even though we felt there could be some fine-tuning, we loved the stay, found it totally relaxing and will most certainly be back.