“Overpriced and overfried...”
Review of Chelsea Pub

Chelsea Pub
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Chelsea
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Toronto
“Overpriced and overfried...”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I used to be a regular here after skiing and recently gave it another try after one bad experience. Well, it was another bad one.
Ordered the fish and chips which used to be great. The fish was ok but the fries arrived in one clump. When I called the waitress over, she said "that's the way they come". Ridiculous.
The pizza place across the street will get my business from now on.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank seadiver8743
ChelseaBiscotti, Manager at Chelsea Pub, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good morning,

We usually get excellent comments about our Fish & Chips. It is our second best seller.
We're sorry to hear that you weren't entirely satisfied with your meal. In fact, your server should of offered you something else to compensate the fries or called on the manager to find a satisfactory solution.

It would help us alot if you could tell us what date and time you visited us so we can talk to the employee who served you. A private message would be appreciated if you have the name or description of the employee.

Thank you for your input.

Ottawa
“Experienced great service & good food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our waiter Francis served us impeccably. Pleasant, helpful, flexible and ingenious would be what I would characterize him. Let me explain. It got cold outside and even though we asked after having had our appetizer to change for an inside table no problem, our waiter accommodated us and with a smile. They ran out of the soup I had ordered, had only a third of a bowl left, so our waiter apologized and offered it to me free of charge, which was a great gesture making me a very contented customer rather than an annoyed customer. A great ambassador for the restaurant, this young waiter.
The hostess with a beautiful smile, was also very pleasant, accommodating us till a table would be ready. Obviously, someone who enjoys what she is doing and therefore does it well.
The food was also very good- the fish and chips (have it with half salad and half fries) was delicious and so was the piri piri chicken. The appetizer brie cheese with caramelized onions and pears was a great start to share amongst the four of us.
I will certainly go back.

Ottawa, Canada
“Uh oh!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a Chelsea Burger today. I have had better burgers at roadside stands. It was large enough, but I doubt the burger had been spiced at all, or al least I didn't taste it. maybe that was because the hamburger was cooked beyond recognition. It redeifined well done. The fries were just okay, nothing special. Maybe it has been a long summer and the kitchen staff were tired, but I don't believe that is an excuse that should be used by restaurants. Especially if they don't accordingly lower the price. Ie. "the chef is tired today, so the $15 hamburger will be grilled to death while he gets a nap and what is left of it will be sold for $3.50 today. Eat at your own risk!"
My friends had fish and salads, none of which were anything that could be ever called special! We'll take a pass the next time we are through.

3 Thank David M
Good morning,

Thank you for your comment.
Don't hesitate to ask your server or call on one of our managers whenever you feel your meal is not satisfactory.

Our objective is to insure every client gets to enjoy great food in a great ambiance.

Regards,
Ottawa
“Customer Service very rude”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I called to make a reservation. The person said there was no room and hung up on me before I said goodbye. Very rude! Haven't even been there yet and now don't want to.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Elle L
ChelseaBiscotti, Front Office Manager at Chelsea Pub, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your message.
Please be reassured that we don't hang up on people when they call.
There was probably a problem with the line.

Regards,
Ottawa, Canada
“Can't wait to return to the Chelsea Pub”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After a wonderful hike in the Gatineau Park, my daughter and I and a few friends decided to have lunch at the Chelsea Pub. It was a beautiful day so the patio was packed and there was a line up to get in but we only had a 5 minute wait. As busy as it was, the service was great. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Wine and beers came shortly after we ordered them. The food was unbelievable. We ordered a very decadent pulled pork poutine which was the best poutine we have ever had! We also had a grilled cheese with pulled pork which was delicious! Definitely not your average grilled cheese sandwich. Tender pulled pork in an amazing sauce, with caramelized onion and old cheddar server on thick crusty bread. Soooo good! All in all the atmosphere, food and beverages coupled with the amazing weather a great company made for a wonderful experience. Will definitely be back next time we're in the area. Just down the road from Le Nordik too another favorite spot that's nearby.

Thank LovetheSunandSu... 2