“Bustling Country Bistro near Gatineau Park”
Review of Chelsea Pub

Chelsea Pub
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Chelsea
Good for: Families with children
Ottawa, Canada
“Bustling Country Bistro near Gatineau Park”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stopped for a late October lunch with friends visiting from Italy and we all enjoyed the rustic bistro-like atmosphere, first greeted outside by halloween pumpkins and a witch in the rafters! Then each couple shared a Poutine of the day, a great cultural experience for our friends. The portions were very generous. With it's added bacon and porcini it was a great once-a-year dish laden with the usual million calories!!...and great fun! There was a very good selection of micro-brewery beers that we quite enjoyed. The prices were reasonable. Staff were very warm & helpful. Parking is available along the nearby streets when full around the restaurant. This was a very pleasant unplanned stop. We'll be back, especially with visitors.

• Visited October 2012

Gatineau, Canada
“Neat rustic pub”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have traveled all over, and actually reside near the place and it was my first time last eve (Friday), we absolutely loved it. The service was excellent, the food absolutely delish and good beer selection. The atmosphere inside is cozy...just loved it as very intimate, not too sure if I would like to go during the day as it appears to be more touristy then, but loved it at night. with everyone going in the Gatineau Park. Will definitely return, and hope to go on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank OttawaLuvlife
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Regretted taking visitors there”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I wanted to take my friend, who was vising from England, to experience some of the Quebec mico brewery beers and also some food she hadn't tried before. After a wonderful walk in the Gatineaus I decided to take her to this place as they have some of the items on their menu eg. poutine, Montreal smoked meat sandwich, Quebec micro brewey beers. We had to sit next to the road as the servers wanted everyone there instead of the area under the tree as it would be too far for the server to walk to the different tables. The server was snooty, said two of the micro breweries on the menu were" too far" so they didn't stock them. This eliminated a number of choices as two whole lists were not available. We had to wave her down to place our food order and then again to pay the bill as she kept joking with the table next to us. The place was not packed - it was a Tuesday afternoon - I cannot fathom the attitude of the server and why she treated us llike that. There is also still the wasp problem that has been there on previous visits - the wasps have nested there -this could have been dealt with by now. I left feeling angry and disappointed and with the whole experience.

• Visited September 2012
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Good Selection of Beers, Cheerful Ambiance”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I like the selection of Quebec micro brewery and other brasserie beers that this place has. They have Blonde Boreale and the dark St. Ambroise beers. The pub fare is good -- not great but good. The ambiance is fantastic. The outdoor terrace is nice. Fairly expensive but worth it. Limited parking and finding a parking spot is tough sometimes, as there is a lot of traffic through Gatineau Park that stops there for a beer.

• Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Does not live up to the hype.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had huge expectations for this pub. My boyfriend had read great reviews. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff was friendly. We did think that the beer was overpriced however. $20+ for pitchers.
We asked the server to suggest an app. He suggested the gravlax salmon. He said it was great! We asked if it was large enough for 3 people and he said yes. The app came out with 3 small crostinis, a big pile of salmon, raw spinach, capers, pomegranate seeds and flavored mustard. We were not really sure why the raw spinach and pomegranate was on the plate because we didn't think it worked. The amount of salmon was far too much for 3 crostinis so we ended up just eating salmon which was very under seasoned. Pretty much a Terrible app. My sister ordered the grilled cheese with pulled pork. It was delicious but it was essentially a pulled pork sandwich with a bit of cheese. I've had a pulled pork grilled cheese before and it was a gooey grilled cheese with some pork. Again, this was all pork with a little cheese. Delicious but not what we expected. I had the Bayou. Grilled pork with pineapple salsa. Good but did not realize it would be a ground pork patty. My boyfriend had the fish and chips. Batter was light and crispy. Very nice. But we all had plugins and it was not hot. So we had some high notes and some low. Not sure if I will be back.

1 Thank S W