My boyfriend and I have just returned from a fantastic week away in Greece. We were looking for simple, clean accommodation with a pool, strolling distance to beaches, shops and restaurants and guaranteed sun. That’s exactly what we got.
Jacks apartments are run by couple Maria and Jack who are very welcoming and Jack is a fantastic cook. The best dishes were the Greek ones, full of flavour and generous portions. In fact we thought it was some of the best food around!
The pool is sparkling, there are plenty of sun loungers and the poolside bar has cheap local beer and ice creams to keep you cool.
The accommodation was spacious, simple and clean and our room (#10) had a balcony which I think most/all rooms do. The sheets and towels where changed and the room cleaned half way through our stay which was brilliant.
We were looking for a chill out destination and Kefalos in June was ideal. There were no night clubs or groups of loud teenagers. In fact the whole town was peaceful, it being the very beginning of the season. Kos town and other places with more nightlife are close by if you wanted, but we enjoyed relaxing in the endless sunshine.
One downside is the mosquitos. I am particularly prone to getting bitten so was well prepared. If you are the same – take precautions and cover up in the evenings and use plenty of strong repellent.
Overall a great stay and I would go back – if only for Jacks home cooked food! If you think of this as a 3 star accommodation for a simple way of life then you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After thirty years working as a chef in the US, Jack returned to his homeland to run this attractive family business. Set back from the hustle and bustle of Kefalos resort and Kamari Bay, Jacks Apartments offer tranquility, great food and drink, a stunning swimming pool setting, and most of all wonderful Greek hospitality. The sumptuous food on offer is always freshly cooked, and only the best local produce is sourced, with the team proud to offer a 'don't like - don't pay' service. In the height of the season, the well-stocked bar stays open long into the Greek evenings and early hours. The team at Jacks are very proud that around 50% of their customers are return guests from previous years, but always want to welcome new holidaymakers to the gorgeous island of Kos. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Jack`s i & Ii Apartments Hotel Kefalos
- Jack`s i And Ii Apartments
- Jack's Apartments Kos/Kefalos, Greece