“Automatic return”

Antonios Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 62 Restaurants in Kefalos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sacallis family would like to thank you for your interest in the Antonios Restaurant & Sunrise of the East authentic Asian cuisine at the beach of Sacallis INN Beach Hotel. The Antonios Restaurant, Sunrise of the East & Sacallis INN Beach Hotel its 100% renovated and it is located on the magnificent gulf of Kefalos opposite the island of Agios Nicolas. It is located on the beach, which benefits from sun beds, umbrellas and nearby water sports. The warm breezes provide fantastic conditions for windsurfing and other sail sports. The Antonios Restaurant combines excellent service with traditional Greek Dodecanese hospitality which is directly on the beach by the clean blue waters of the Aegean making your dinning unforgettable. Antonios Restaurant has a variety of services, breakfast, lunch and dinner, which include local meats for the meat Lovers, steaks, Grills, fresh fish, seafood and Greek Traditional plates & roasts, along with the greatest Greek wines at excellent prices! Every Wednesday's & Saturday's we have special of the Day the famous BBQ night, witch has four choices of meat, fresh fish served with salad and chips, dessert and US MUCH WINE YOU CAN DRINK. At the beach is our NEW SWIMMING POOL and Cocktail Lounge Bar which has a friendly atmosphere with FREE wireless internet access, big Sports TV for your relaxation where you can experience exotic cocktails and drinks of all kinds. We offer daily specials. The Sacallis family will like to intrudes you to our authentic Asian cuisine Restaurant the "Sunrise of the East" it's by the Sea of Sacallis INN Beach Hotel. At the Sunrise of the East you will find authentic Asian homemade cuisine, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more in a friendly and romantic enviroment right on the beach The Sacallis family promises you a MEMORABLE HOLIDAY!
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is one place we keep returning too every visit we make. It was tinged with sadness this year, not seeing Tony there, but everything else was as usual. The service was polite and friendly and this is the only place that serves a beer that isn't lager, Fix dark is more a stout and makes a nice change to the usual gassy lagers. The food is superb as always and the view of Kastri just makes it all worthwhile. Its a bit more expensive than some other restaurants but well worth it.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We came here most days either for lunch or evening dinner..I had Sword fish that had been caught only an hour earlier and Lamb cooked on the spit . Chicken Athena was simple and tasty. The staff were extremely friendly and would wave to us as we walked by. They also have a hotel which I am sure is equally as good as the Restaurant

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Warm family welcome, excellent food, fantastic location. Right on the beach with views of Kastri island.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant in 2011 & 2012. The food, the service and the ambience were second to none. So an obvious choice for 2013. What has happened? Same staff, similar menu and pricing. But nowhere near the same service, quality or ambience. 1st time we went we had great meal but the waitress said I scared her, and I think she meant it. This offended me a bit as I consider myself to be placid and easy going despite my prop forward build. Also as we were leaving 3 out of the 4 of us stepped onto the beach while I got up to pay the bill. Staff ran down the restaurant shouting at us as if we were going to do a runner. Again I found this quite offensive.
We went back the following week and my meal was appalling. Deliberate revenge for scaring the staff. LOL I sent the meal back as it was not as ordered and had to wait 20 mins for replacement. It was chicken and rice. What took so long? And it was tepid. Didnt want to wait another 20 mins so ate it and left. As we were leaving the owner/manager was shouting at the chef. Another poor meal? Although they apologised and didnt charge for my meal and gave us a free litre of wine, I will have to see/hear some positive comments before I venture back. Pity I really liked this restaurant. They need to do better.

1  Thank GW130857
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Antonios is in a stunning location on the beach, with attractive decor and a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff can be very pleasant if a little inattentive ( expect to wait for obvious things like wine glasses) Main courses arrive when they are ready rather than when starters are finished and cleared away. Dishes vary considerably in quality from one day to the next so it really is pot luck whether you get something edible or not (we sent back the burnt, dry moussaka one night) We did have some good garlic prawns - once !