“Dissapointed this year. Great food previous 2 years.”

Antonios Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 62 Restaurants in Kefalos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sacallis family would like to thank you for your interest in the Antonios Restaurant & Sunrise of the East authentic Asian cuisine at the beach of Sacallis INN Beach Hotel. The Antonios Restaurant, Sunrise of the East & Sacallis INN Beach Hotel its 100% renovated and it is located on the magnificent gulf of Kefalos opposite the island of Agios Nicolas. It is located on the beach, which benefits from sun beds, umbrellas and nearby water sports. The warm breezes provide fantastic conditions for windsurfing and other sail sports. The Antonios Restaurant combines excellent service with traditional Greek Dodecanese hospitality which is directly on the beach by the clean blue waters of the Aegean making your dinning unforgettable. Antonios Restaurant has a variety of services, breakfast, lunch and dinner, which include local meats for the meat Lovers, steaks, Grills, fresh fish, seafood and Greek Traditional plates & roasts, along with the greatest Greek wines at excellent prices! Every Wednesday's & Saturday's we have special of the Day the famous BBQ night, witch has four choices of meat, fresh fish served with salad and chips, dessert and US MUCH WINE YOU CAN DRINK. At the beach is our NEW SWIMMING POOL and Cocktail Lounge Bar which has a friendly atmosphere with FREE wireless internet access, big Sports TV for your relaxation where you can experience exotic cocktails and drinks of all kinds. We offer daily specials. The Sacallis family will like to intrudes you to our authentic Asian cuisine Restaurant the "Sunrise of the East" it's by the Sea of Sacallis INN Beach Hotel. At the Sunrise of the East you will find authentic Asian homemade cuisine, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more in a friendly and romantic enviroment right on the beach The Sacallis family promises you a MEMORABLE HOLIDAY!
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant in 2011 & 2012. The food, the service and the ambience were second to none. So an obvious choice for 2013. What has happened? Same staff, similar menu and pricing. But nowhere near the same service, quality or ambience. 1st time we went we had great meal but the waitress said I scared her, and I think she meant it. This offended me a bit as I consider myself to be placid and easy going despite my prop forward build. Also as we were leaving 3 out of the 4 of us stepped onto the beach while I got up to pay the bill. Staff ran down the restaurant shouting at us as if we were going to do a runner. Again I found this quite offensive.
We went back the following week and my meal was appalling. Deliberate revenge for scaring the staff. LOL I sent the meal back as it was not as ordered and had to wait 20 mins for replacement. It was chicken and rice. What took so long? And it was tepid. Didnt want to wait another 20 mins so ate it and left. As we were leaving the owner/manager was shouting at the chef. Another poor meal? Although they apologised and didnt charge for my meal and gave us a free litre of wine, I will have to see/hear some positive comments before I venture back. Pity I really liked this restaurant. They need to do better.

1  Thank GW130857

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Antonios is in a stunning location on the beach, with attractive decor and a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff can be very pleasant if a little inattentive ( expect to wait for obvious things like wine glasses) Main courses arrive when they are ready rather than when starters are finished and cleared away. Dishes vary considerably in quality from one day to the next so it really is pot luck whether you get something edible or not (we sent back the burnt, dry moussaka one night) We did have some good garlic prawns - once !

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant on the beach with stunning views and welcoming staff who take the time to talk to you.
I ate here several times and found the food to be tasty, well presented and reasonable price.
The baked onion soup and beef stifado were the best I've had on any Greek holiday!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Fabulous food and atmosphere in a traditional Greek open air taverna which is located beach-side to the rear of Sacallis In Hotel. Authentic Greek cooking at its best in glorious surroundings - the view is tremendous.

Dine there any evening for great quality food but also don’t miss attending a BBQ night (Wednesday & Sunday) when the choice is freshly charcoal griddled Lamb, Pork, Chicken or Fish, served with salad and as much wine as you require - all for a ludicrously small price.

This place is also good for a relaxing lunch or snack after a hard morning on the adjacent beach.

Nearby, also on the edge of the beach, is a lovely Asian & International Cuisine Restaurant which also serves fabulous food and is very nice for a change of cooking style.

Try them both, we have and they are each excellent in their own different ways.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would have thought the greeks would have known how to cook a moussaka. I was wrong. This restaurant needs lessons. I have never had such a sweet tasting dry moussaka before and I never want one again.

2  Thank holstaken