Hermes Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Ionikos Hotel(Kefalos)
  • Pool
All reviewstoast or cerealpool barair conkos townsteep slopehalf boardslight hillbed and breakfastplenty of sunbedsold villagekamari baymobility problemshotel ownersclean hotelsmall fridgecooked breakfastincluded breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks the hotel is clean and well looked after. The pool is very well maintained and the food at the pool bar is good, there is however a shortage of sunbeds for the size of the hotel and be prepared to get up early (about 06.30 ) to get a recliner. I am afraid the towel on the sunbed culture has well and truly arrived here. If your staying half board the menu is limited to two or three options and they tend to repeat meal choices. There are a lot of people who go back every year and they seem favoured by the owners who cut you dead to talk to them when there regulars walk past. That said ths is a good clean hotel and you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Go for a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed 6 nights with my family. The price for rooms is extremely reasonable. The atmosphere is relaxed and the rooms are clean. The cleaners came everyday apart from Sunday and changed bedding and towels etc. The view is gorgeous, the sunsets from our veranda were spectacular! Best sunset ever! The owner and staff are friendly and extremely helpful. It really feels like a home away from home. Hotel Hermes provides a relaxing holiday in clean modern rooms which have the best showers that I have ever used abroad. Pool area and bar were excellent!!! The pool bar sells everything from Greek Salad to pizza all reasonably priced. The pool is huge and was cleaned daily and last but not least there were plenty of sun loungers. The hotel’s restaurant offers authentic Greek food reasonably priced and traditional hospitality. Car hire from the hotel was very good & very cheap, although from the bus stop opposite the hotel you can get a bus to Paradise Beach, Mastihari -a beautiful small resort, with fantastic beach-, the aqua park, Tigaki and Kos Town. The fare varies, Kos town is the furthest away and is only 4 euro each way (less if you have children under 12). I would definitely go to this hotel again and I highly recommend it!!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed with Hermes Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from a great holiday with my partner & friends.
I cannot recommend this hotel & the staff enough. Diane & Sebastian (the owners) treated us like family, and nothing was too much trouble.
All the staff were lovely, you could tell how happy they are working their.
Spiros & Nicos, who worked the bar & snack bar, really looked after us, and helped to make my 40th Birthday & Engagement (we got engaged at the hotel) very special.
Talking about the bar & snack bar, the food & the cocktails were great, also inexpensive. We ate in the evening at the hotel, the food was lovely, fresh & traditional greek food, it was lovely.
Our room (202) was very comfortable & clean, the views were to die for, we had a stunning balcony to watch them from, with table & chairs. The shower room was perfect.I cannot fault the room at all.
The swimming pool at the hotel is outstanding. It is a large pool, with lots of loungers, with padding (which was very nice). It is kept very tidy & clean.
As they have their own snack bar by the pool, you cannot take your own food etc with you, this is not a problem as they have all you need & inexpensive, also due to tax laws this stops the hotel receiving huge fines.
I won't go on about the hotel being up a hill, as many others already have. It suited us. And not as bad as it has been made out. (you can hire a car from the hotel, then just drive it).
We are going to go back to The Hermes, we would be crazy not to, it really is lovely.

Room Tip: Great views from higher rooms.
5  Thank Clibs_30
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Hermes hotel on arriving we wer greeted by Diana (the hotel owner) and nicos (Ferrari jack bar man) who gave us are key and showed us to the room. Rooms were very clean and spacious equipped with a fridge and air con (€7 a day) rooms were cleaned every day and all rooms have a balcony or terrace. Kefalos town has a lot of bars and restaurants, acroplos, Sidney's, Maria's, Sebastian's (the best for steak). The pool was lovely loads of sunbeds none broke!! The atmosphere around our hotel bar was by far the best place to be of a night my partner and I met lots of lovely people and the laughs we had were the best we will never forget..
Would definitely recommend this hotel I don't know how it is 4 th best out of 10 I would say it was the best by far with the best views of the bay had a brilliant holiday and hope to go back soon.

3  Thank Claire_and_Jay11
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have just come back from the Hermes Hotel June 2013. We loved it, it was a breath of fresh air compared to other hotels we've stayed at. I think this hotel is ideal for couples. This is a family run hotel, the staff are really friendly and helpful. Many thanks to Spyros who brought food to our table and to Nic who supplied us with drink, Diana and her husband were really lovely. The rooms were clean and welcoming with lovely views of the bay, there was a fridge in the room and air con was available at extra cost. We went half board and the evening meals were traditional Greek fayre and as Spyros says "beautiful". Myself and my partner cannot recommend this hotel enough.

5  Thank P H