“I love this place !”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came last night and had chicken curry and beef stifado . The portions were huge and very very tasty . We did wish we didnt order the starters cause we very stuffed before are meals . We tried are best and accomplished are goal and finished everything on our plate. love this place very devine wine and lovely food . The waiters are very friendly and speak very well english .

There are newer reviews for Hippocrates

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I cant understand how anybody could write anything bad about this place.... its the best food on all the island and trust me when i say this I am in the food industry myself and i know what i am talking about.. top service the staff took care of us like we are family... we have been coming to kefalos for 12 years and the last 5 years we eat at hippocrates they are worth it!! nikki and her family are wonderful and they all work hard to keep the place number one... some people can not be pleased no matter what so dont let some bad review through you off.... go its the best... o and by the way the pizza is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stopped at the restaurant because it looked ok from the outside and was crowded. We thought that was a good sign. The waiter was friendly and we got some appetizers and chicken curry and a gyros plate. All food that we were served tasted very bland and artificial. I doubt this place even has a kitchen. Reverse engineering I suppose 3 microwaves and a heap of old frozen food.

We could not even eat a quarter of the enormous, disgusting portions. After comming home I read the raving reviews. If these are real, the restaurant must have had a bad bad bad day. I have never complained about a restaurant before. But this was really rotten food.

The staff speaks great English. This is the only positive thing I can say about this place. Sorry...

1  Thank Val E
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went here one night when we wanted a quick pizza and as we'd read good reviews gave it a try. Wish we hadn't bothered. They had no 'large size pizzas' which should have sounded alarm bells really as the pizzas are shown as home made. We ordered two small ones and waited... and waited. When they finally arrived 30mins after ordering we were a bit underwhelmed, the bases were the typical frozen thick crust type that we dislike. But eh-oh we were hungry. The toppings were ok, cheese & tomato was cheese & tomato, the vegetable pizza would have been better if it had been seasoned.

The Canadian waitress asked us how our meal was and I had to mention the ready made pizza bases, having been a disappointment. She insisted that they were hand made, by herself, every morning to her fathers own recipe. Now as someone who has their own pizza oven I think I can spot a handmade pizza base when I see one, and unless this girl could roll out her dough to a perfect circle and with precision thickness all round - these were not handmade.

It wasn't that the bases were ready made which annoyed but the fact that they insisted on arguing that they weren't. Never good customer service to argue with your customers.

Other people seem to love this place - if you go, have anything but pizza!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

everything was superb ,wine typical greek dishes iwould recommend youvetsi speak with nikky she will describe the dishes calamari best ever

2  Thank malcleicester