Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,248 results
All reviews activity pool relax pool main restaurant swim up room water park entertainment team crepes chinese restaurant swim up bar evening entertainment aegean restaurant kids club waiter service mix bar adventure bbq ice cream golf buggy
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the BLV for a week in october 2012, What a place! We arrived at the hotel at 11pm local time, the decent down the mountain to the hotel presented us with a incredible view of the village all lit up, it was amazing! We couldn't fault anything about the hotel, staff or food! The pools were cold but didn't stop us getting in them, lets face it who wants a warm swimming pool after sunbathing???!!! The kids clubs were brilliant having a 7 year old and 18mnth old intow it was nice to have a break and once we'd seen how safe the clubs were we were happy to let the children play, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves making lots of friends! The favourite mode of transport where chauffeur driven golf buggys around the village. We had a garden view room with a hot tub which was great for entertaining the children on the few rainy afternoons we had! We have booked again for may 2013 and are on countdown, we are taking my sister and her family back with us and are certain they won't be disappointed! Thank you Thomson for such an amazing holiday!!

6  Thank DonnaT706
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked a last minute deal to this hotel with my partner as my parents, and my brother and his family were already going...
RESORT
Well laid out, we never left the resort. Could take you up to 2 hours to walk round it all. There are hotel staff all over in golf carts willing to take you anywhere, but it's nice to walk off all those carbs!!
ROOMS
We were upgraded to a executive deluxe suite for a bargain price!!
We were in room 3121 in ("3000" block) and i can easily say it was the best room in the whole resort. We had a 3 room suite with our own private terrace & private pool.
My parents had a twin room in "7000" block and it was too close to the main night entertainment stage so they grumbled.
My brother, his wife & kids (aged 5 & 10) had a family room in "5000" block which was quite nice and closer to the beach than we were.
It's worth going on the blue lagoon website and looking at the resort map. eg "1000" &"2000" blocks were a long walk from the beach and the main restuarants. Also i can't see the point of the "swim-up" rooms as they don't connect to the main pools...
FOOD
Food was good, could be a little repetative. I found the vegetarian choices ok, and have developed a love for olives! Always lots of puddings to choose from. There were 6 different evening restaurants that are included in the all inclusive price (2x main, italian, bbq, couples, family) plus 2 that you could pay extra for (chinese & fish)
various snack bars open throughout the day serving hotdogs, ice cream, pancakes etc.
DRINKS
All drinks were included in the price- work your way down the cocktail list!! There were a few special drinks (mainly branded) only available to people in the suites though. Good choice of soft drinks & slushies for the kids.
STUFF TO DO
We spent most of out time in our own pool during the first week as it was school holidays & was v busy. The waterpark was a nice 10 minute walk away, worth going to try & get the oldies to go on the slides!
Also tennis & football courts but it was too hot to be running around!
Didn't try the watersports on the beach but it was always in use.
Our group was aged between 5 & 62 and we all enjoyed the pools. I think there were; kids only, adults only, & sports pools. there were a few others that we never went to as they were at the other side of the resort.
My partner used the gym every other day and he said it was a bit sparse... i said no one would really be bothered by that as who really goes on holiday to go in the gym...!!

BAD POINTS
None of the 6 adults in our party could get a phone signal on networks: O2, tesco, orange, 3 or vodaphone anywhere in the resort.
Kos airport is so small & shabby it's a joke. The same 3 members of staff checked us in, then shut the desks & opened the shops, then put on high vis vests to throw the suitcases onto the plane!!! They are very laid back & no-one seemed to know what was going on. Just double check you are getting on the right plane home!!!!!!

***All in all it was a wonderfull hoilday had by all, and we'd love to go back... if we could have the same room at the same price!!!! :-)

Room tip: rooms in 1000 & 2000 too far away from main area. 3000 block are the suites. 4000 block closest to beach. 5000,6000 & 7000 block in main area
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank EmR512
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Don't wanna brag but I WENT ON THE DAY IT OPENED AND I Went on a lovely holiday to Greece and stayed in blue lagoon village, it's loads better than blue lagoon resort in kos,, we really enjoyed this hotel, there was a good range of food, nice swimming pools, a nice water park, and its was VERY GOOD for all inclusive, amazing service.. I suggest you go here - there was good entertainment for both adults and children...

Room tip: All rooms are good
Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'd first like to add that we had an excellent holiday but I've stayed in 5* hotels prior to this and this is why I haven't given the hotel an excellent rating because it is more of a very very nice 4* hotel. Staff were great, exceptionally friendly especially with children and the Thomson reps couldn't have been more helpful. I don't usually like hotel entertainment but I actually found the hotel in house team to be better than expected. We used all the inclusive restaurants which were nice and there was only lunch times which got a bit repetitive. Great ice cream parlour. The pre made cocktails and extra charge for mojitos were a disappointment but pool side waitress service with a smile was an added bonus. They have great pools including an indoor heated and exercise classes. Other stuff is going on through day and night, including a midnight spa, but isn't well advertised so you need to ask at reception. We visited the water park a couple of times which was good but take some flip flops as its ruff under foot. Buggys are great fun too. Beach is nice and clean, sunbeds are free but you have to pay for the cabanas. Now the rooms, they aren't as plush as I would have expected but where cleaned well every day. Water is only replaced if you get rid of all the bottles and toiletries are rarely replenished. We were in the 1000 block which panicked me at first after reading some reviews saying it was too remote but actually if I returned I'd stay in that area again. The pool is quiet, it's close to breakfast and far enough away from the noise of the night time entertainment. We'd requested the 4000 block but when we went over there it had a slightly Brits abroad feel so im pleased we didnt get it. We had a good sized room with massive balcony but my parents room was disappointing. It was supposed to have a garden view which was actually a view of a concrete wall and grass lawn, no view at all. It is remote but if you have the money you could find plenty of things too do and car hire is reasonably priced. DO NOT book a late check out with Thomson. Most flights are during the night and the late checkout is actually only till 6pm working out at over £20 an hour, it's cheaper to pre book online an extra night with the hotel. All in all this is a lovely hotel with masses of potential if a little remote but I'd definitely return. Great for families but if you are a couple don't let that put you off as its possible to still have a romantic holiday away from it all.

Room tip: 1000 block is good but don't book a garden view in this area
2  Thank Angel_Rayray
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stunning holiday village a bit remote from the rest of the island but relaxing with fantastic service and good food. If you want to venture out to the rest of the island its going to cost money either hiring a car €50 per day or taxis. If you really wanted to its possible to stay on site in the village and spend nothing as everything is included in the all inclusive package.

Top Tips

Chinese Restaurant is excellent
Hire car - sort out before you arrive for roughly 1/2 the cost
Upgrade to a jacuzzi room for 30 euros a day at the resort
We got put on the wrong coach at the airport as there are 2 similar named hotels -beware!
Transfer is about 15 mins, a taxi is €25

Good points

Spotless rooms
Great views
Fantastic service
Great selection of restaurants and pools & bars
Family friendly
Loads of sun beds
Great beach
Water park was ok
Modern hotel
Safe and secluded

Worth noting

All inclusive stops at midnight
Taxi to Kos town is 50 euro each way
Limited night life
We had hoped to go scuba diving but was very expensive at €95 each for 2 dives. Roughly x2 what we paid in Lanzerote & x4 Turkey

Room tip: Upgrade your room to include a jacuzzi
1  Thank Laurel_265