the only low for me was the food, not that it tasted bad or anything, intact it was very edible just a little repetitive. there was always a wide variety every meal time and we always found something nice however like i said it did become monotonous.
that said the rest of the hotel made up for this, there are various pools we sat around the activity pool every day and were kept entertained by the animation team (who did a very good job) there is a relax pool, adult pool, another pool with a swim up bar :-) also a small pool for the little ones with an adjoining mother & baby room if you wished to keep them out of the sunshine.
the staff are very polite and friendly, we were waited on whilst around the pool, the level of cleanliness is borderline OCD, which i actually liked.
the rooms were very clean and the maid came in daily, the fridge in the room only had bottled water in, i would have liked to have a stocked mini bar like i have on previous holidays elsewhere. tea and coffee making facilities are in the room which was nice for the mornings BUT do make sure you take a few of the little milk cartons to your room from the bars!
the hotel is very isolated and has no other buildings around for miles, something that i really appreciate when i holiday, there are buses taking you into town if you so wish, costing 1€ each way. the hotel is a very large complex but don't be put off by this as it is all spread out and are not that many rooms really. there are golf buggies that take you around the hotel if you cannot be bothered to walk, (we used them a few times) the guys driving these are also polite, friendly and always smile.
overall i would recommend this hotel to a friend, i would also return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kos/Kefalos, Greece