I have just come back from a disappointing stay at the BLV. I traveled with my partner, niece and her partner.
We had a trouble free journey to the resort thanks to Thomson. We arrived at 4am ish. It was a quick and easy check in. The reception staff were friendly enough and we had a lift to the room on a golf buggy with our luggage.
The rooms are superb. Clean and modern with lots of space. At this point I was sure we would have a good holiday.
The first day of our holiday we went to the reception and booked ourselves into the restaurants they have on site. The first night we went to the Aegean and the food was nice. The second night we ate at The First Date restaurant which was lovely food just not so friendly service. The third night we ate at the Chinese, this was the best night of the holiday. The food was fab and for the first time we were made to feel welcome by the staff. Special mention to Angel the waiter for that night!! From then it went down hill!! We went to the Italian on the fourth night and that is when I encountered the worst welcome ever! The front of house manager actually starred at us and then said " Well .... can I have your name? Room number?" He actually looked like he was chewing a wasp while saying it!!
To cut a long story short. The rest of the holiday went down hill! Flies everywhere on the food which turned my stomach so much I could hardly eat. I have never lost weight on an all inclusive holiday before! Most of the hotel closed down so we did not have access to most of the facilities for the 2nd half of the week. The staff were unwelcoming and it seemed like they could not wait to close the hotel down for the end of season.
The final day we had to be out of our room by midday then hang around until 01:50 to be picked up by the coach to go to the airport. The whole day the majority of staff were not concentrating on the guests but on a wedding they had booked in to the hotel. They packed up all day and managed to close even more of the hotel down. It went from a 6 restaurant hotel to being forced to eat in one area which had cold food and full of flies!
If it wasn't for the people I was with, the lovely barman George (who tended the bar by the entertainment stage), the Thomson staff and the Entertainment Team (who admitted to being short staffed on more than on occasion as everyone went home!) the holiday would've been a sham! So thank you to them.
I wouldn't go back to the hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kos/Kefalos, Greece