Back from the BLV and felt the need to give the hotel the praise it deserves. Travelled with my husband, parents and 13 month old daughter and we all agreed this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We had a fantastic holiday and had no complaints at all. The staff were so helpful and the resort is so impressive.
We booked an executive suite with private pool so that my daughter could nap in the cot in the day and we didn’t feel trapped in a room waiting for her to wake up. The suite was fantastic, very spacious with plenty of storage. The bed was the comfiest hotel bed we have ever slept in and the maids worked so hard, even fitting in the cleaning of the room around our daughters nap times.
We all enjoyed the food and had no issues, in fact the only complaint was there were too many yummy desserts! We tended to eat lunch at the Italian as it was a bit quieter than the grill house but we also enjoyed the toasties from the beach bar. In the evening there was a wide choice and something for everyone. Some have complained there were no ‘themed’ nights but we found this better as we could pick exactly what we wanted.
The facilities are excellent, even though we had our own pool which we used every morning, my daughter loved the kids pool as she could walk in the water. She also enjoyed the soft play area which was always so quiet. There was an outdoor play area in adventure land but the only downside was after the walk or buggy ride in the heat there is nowhere to get a drink over there so take some water with you. In the evenings the children are entertained by the Thomson team and the entertainment is perfect for them. There was a lounge bar with singer which catered more towards adults.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday in an amazing complex with wonderful staff. There is something for everyone in this hotel and it is definitely 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HRS so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kos/Kefalos, Greece