“Very good family Hotel!! Great food,great Beach, great windsurfing”

Sacallis Inn Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Kefalos B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Hotel. All other plages are empty while this place is crowded in The restaurant. The family is friendly and The food is amazing. We will be back

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Lottedog

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been to Greece over 40 times since 1967, to Kefalos 12 times so I would like to think I have a fairly good insight into what is good and bad especially in Kefalos, I can tell you now that the Sacallis Inn falls very much into the latter. I have just returned from a weeks holiday to this "hotel" and my thoughts are very much with what other writers here are saying. However I will present a balanced view of my week of misery courtesy of Antonio Sacallis.

1) The hotel itself has been modernised and has comfortable furnishings, and is actually quite pleasant considering that I only stay in a hotel to sleep, which sadly I did not because of the continuing construction noise going on till 9pm and starting again at 6am.

2) The hotel was fairly clean, but not 100% clean, the rooms were cleaned 3 times during my weeks stay, and the sheets and towels were changed once only.

3) The water was freezing I only managed one shower all week, I had to boil my kettle every morning to get hot water for a wash

4) The hotel is perfectly situated on the beach, which is a bonus

5) Mr Sacallis and his son Stamatis are two of the rudest people I have ever come across, they border on being sinister bullies, they insist that you eat there every day, stay by the pool, stay within the hotel confines.......this is not what I have ever encountered in any part of Kefalos, we found that we were being watched and followed every time that we parked the hire
car, it actually bordered on being scary.

6) I mentioned this to a few Greek friends who shall remain nameless, and apparantly they are renowned for their bullying tactics, throughout Kefalos. All in all our party had a very depressing time at the Sacallis Inn, we could not wait to get home which is a first for me. One final point I asked Stamatis if I could hire the room for one more day as the coach transfer to the Airport was not until 1800hrs he said yes and requested 20 euros so I paid him as I walked away he laughed and said " You had paid up until 1800 hrs anyway, so you have just given me 20 euros for nothing" at that he and his girlfreind walked away laughing ! These are horrible people BE WARNED choose another hotel or apartments but stay well away from this hotel, or should I say Concentration Camp

Room Tip: Dont have rooms 210 214 unless you like cold showers
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Maggie A
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a great little hotel .rooms are basic but clean and the we were made to feel very welcome.
The hotel is right on the coast and the restaurant opens onto the beach giving great views of the sea. There is a roman basilica a couple of hundred yards from the hotel and excellent walking in the local area.( We took a pamphlet Walks in Western Kos with us.. See internet! )
We arrived late at night in the beginning of the season and were met by a cheerful owner.
The food half board was basic but plentiful . This hotel is 2star and sold as such . For the money it was very good value. The half board price was about as much as I would have expected to pay for room only so we had realistic expectations .
We did eat out on several nights but felt it polite to let the staff know we weren't staying for dinner on the nights we ate out as it was early in the season with few guests.

We were actually very pleased with the cleanliness of our room.Towels and sheets were changed every 2 days . Despite new works going on at the hotel the owners were anxious to check that we were not disturbed .There was hot water during the day when we stayed , but at night the water is only lukewarm..we just planned our showers around the availability of the hot water!
Apart from the beach and the pool there is not much to do for young children in this hotel .
The beach is Lovely but rather stoney when we went because of storms at the end of the winter.
We had a fantastic week at the end of April staying at The Sacallis, but we went with reasonable expectations and were very happy with this choice of hotel .
Top tip
Take mosquito repellant or plug in .
Visit the Sunset Beach Cafe at Agios Theologes about 5 miles away for fab view of the sunset and great food, lovely cool place to sit on a hot day. The owners bake their own bread on Saturdays in a traditional Greek bake house. There are coast walks with great views here.

English Cafe opposite The Sacallis Inn great if you want cooked breakfast .
We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goldthorn1
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here in oct 2011 had a great time, staff great, food was good ,location great, the hotel is what it says it is, if you want 5 star pay for 5 star. Enjoyed it so much going back 5 may 2012

1  Thank rodgerDurham m
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We are going back to stay for the third time, reading some of the reviews ,made me laugh ,because there must be two sacallis inns ha. Our rooms was lovely we had lovely views and what i noticed that the bedding was changed every day ,i have stayed in 5 star hotels and they was not changed every day. The staff who work there work hard and nothing is too much trouble. joan

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This was our first ever holiday away as a couple. We chose this particular hotel as we wanted to experience a family run hotel with a more personalised feel and also to stay away from the large, busy resorts.
The good points of the Sacallis Inn are: a) the hotel is located in a fantastic area (please note that the AREA in which it is located is fantastic and not the hotel itself), b) our balcony had a great view and c) it was very clean. However this is where it all ends.
1) We could not have a shower as there was no hot water. 2) We could not complain as we would be bullied and intimidated by the owner's big brutal son. 3) We were told by a very upset owner that we should not leave the resort and spend time (and I assume our money) in other restaurants and bars. 4) The half board menu was awful. 5) Breakfast was, well there really are no words to describe breakfast. 6) The bed was uncomfortable. 7) We only had a sheet to cover up with and when we asked for some extra cover we were given another sheet. 8) And finally we had to pay for all the basics such as for example 2 Euro per day for the kettle.
No matter how bad all these aspects were, one of the aspects we think that the worst was the intimidation by the son and the owner. They really made us feel as if we complained or asked for anything we would get beaten up badly.
Please be very careful if you choose to go.

9  Thank JMSapphire
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed at The Sacallis in October for a week. We are well travelled and LOVE Greece!! Being the last week of the season we expected the place to be quiet, but the bar ran out of so many drinks we were nearly forced to drink water! Patia is the BEST thing about this place, she is an absolute delight and always smiling and happy! The family who own this property deserve bad feedback simply as they are all miseries! Our room was sea facing and ok, the shower room was tiny, so tiny in fact you had to stand in the shower tray to use the loo! The shower curtain was too short, making the room flood each time the shower was used - but I think this is quite usual for Greek accommodation. We were without hot water for 2 days due to bad weather and the fact they use solar panels to heat the water. BUT, they also have a boiler which could have been switched on - when my husband quietly asked when we would be getting hot water he was shouted at rudely in front of other diners! Breakfast was a joke and served in the most awful room - cheap coffee and orange squash! I have to compliment this place for the food in the evenings, all very hot, fresh and tasty. You have to like dogs if you visit this place, as their dog lays everywhere and attracts other dogs on the beach. This place is OK, very nicely located on the beach BUT could do oh so much better!

1  Thank Wernons