“Lovely hotel, lovely old town”
Review of Dona Teresa

Dona Teresa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in La Alberca
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Dona Teresa is one of those rare finds, a beautiful hotel with good staff in a stunning location. The rooms are nice - not outstanding but comfortable and clean and the bathroom is well equiped and clean. There is a small, safe underground car park which is a bit tight to get in and out of but it's free of charge. Reception staff are helpful and friendly, the evening bar staff are efficient but not very amicable .

We never ate here as we'd fresh memories from our previous hotel the night before who served us a nauseating meal of pig fat so we headed into town to find a place to eat there. The town of La Alberca is a stunning medieval place full of old buildings and narrow cobbled passages to explore. It centres around a main square with a few bars and restaurants. The roads into the town are superb, with stunning views as you climb higher.

Breakfast not included in room price so has to be paid for seperately and is quite mediocre - nothing special just the usual bread / coffee etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank deltic

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Dona Teresa for 10 days during a conference.

My first impression of my room on the first floor was well...stunning. Large, well appointed and so, so clean. Not all rooms are the same I know but mine opened onto a small private garden. I could quite happily have stayed there for life !!! Everyone I spoke to wherever they were located spoke highly of their accommodation. The bathroom too was spotless and had lots of lovely toiletries. I am somewhat disabled and requested a non slip bath mat, it arrived within the hour, how good is that !!!

The food at Dona Teresa is excellent, I don't know what else I can say about my dining pleasure.

I speak little Spanish but I had no trouble communicating with the really helpful and friendly staff.

I didn't take a laptop but if you do, there is free wi fi, however the hotel let me use their own computer free of charge so I could check on my e-mails from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Philip S
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This Hotel is a great 4-5 star facility with anything and everything available at your bekon call. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, luxurious, and very relaxing. There are plenty of common areas where you can be alone, be with friends, or meet others. The location is a fairytale like setting with a small river near by and breath taking views from many of the rooms and balconies. La Alberca is in a somewhat mountanious area so the temps can be somewhat cooler than lower elevations. I can't say I was crazy about the food, but the same could be said about the food in general in Spain. One thing that is mouth watering good, is the BBQ or barbaqoa roasted meats...awesome!. Not to mention the Iberian ham the region is so famous for. Then there is the village, which has so much character and charm...you will not want to leave. Great place for a romantic getaway, or fling with a lover!

Room Tip: Make sure you wander about in the village as it has a lot to offer just about everyone. Be sure to g...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Sizko
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was here just for one night, but i left in love with this charming hotel and its town.
The hotel was typical and beautifull and the rooms where perfect, staff was nice, food was nice.
I will certainly be back.
I do recommend it for families, the hotel facilities are pretty good and you have tons of things to do. They also are family friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We have been in this hotel a couple of nights. The hotel rooms are nice, however the air conditioning was not working, we were lucky that at night it is not too hot there. They lie when they pretend to have a swimming pool: actually their swimming pool is 2kms away in another hotel of the same owner. I think it is a little overpriced compared to spanish standards and the parking for 8 euros a day is not worthy. Worst thing is that they charged us twice for the room (one time on reservation, another time on check out) and the cleaning ladies extremely noisy in the mornings so don´t expect to sleep later than 9 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank panusand
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This hotel is a hundred metres outside the lovely heritage village of La Alberca in mountains near Salamanca. The hotel rooms and lounge areas are very high quality. Mid-week it seems to be fairly quiet and we got a great deal on half-board (room plus breakfast and dinner). It's a really charming place with friendly staff. Hotel Dona Teresa also booked us into a luxurious spa session at a hotel down the road.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluesfamily
Reviewed April 13, 2005

We went to Spain for a group traveling during three weeks. Hotel Doña Teresa was the best surprise we received in tour trip. Extremelly clean, beautiful, charming and an excellent value. Great location in La Alberca town, one of the most beautiful villages I ever seen.
The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms spacious, clean and with all comodities. The looby is very charming with fireplace, piano and a good bar.
I wil recomend this hotel and this village to every person I would known is going to Salamanca area.

• Stayed: March 2005
#1 of 1 in El Cabaco
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo
#1 of 6 in Ciudad Rodrigo

Been to Dona Teresa? Share your experiences!