“Extraordinary Tapestries and Unique Elements”

Palacio Real de la Granja
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Segovia and La Granja Royal Residence with Lunch Upgrade
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Aranjuez is my favorite royal palace, and this is my second favorite. I loved the tapestries and the explanations about them in the audio guide was really good. There were more unique elements in this palace than I expected, especially the bottom floor. But that area is really cold and the building isn't heated to plan on keeping warm and keeping your gloves and jacket on! The gardens I'm sure are beautiful, but we went to late in the year to enjoy them. I would recommend to visit it if you have the time, but it is a little out of the way if you're trying to see Segovia too so I would stick with Segovia over making the trek to La Granja. However, if you're headed to La Granja from Segovia or vice versa, there is a bus that will take you there and it comes pretty regularly so make sure to check that to keep from paying expensive taxi fares!

2  Thank Olivia W

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We have been here and it was a nice little surprise.
The museum for tapestry it's a little bit overpriced, the good part was that the Gardens of the Palace was included.
When we went it was at the time for the "Fountains Show". Don't go frenetic about it. It's nice, you see people waking around from one fountain to the other. Remember to pay attention to the guy with the flag or you might miss it.
The best one is left for last. Careful if you're not in the mood for a bath, but I suggest... Get in the spirit and let yourself go.
Little children's will live this.

1  Thank JPaschoal
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I would have liked to see the fountains in the garden running. I believe the gardens could be better kept, although the palace is very clean and well maintained.

1  Thank RosadabrilAlella
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We only visited the gardens (which was free of charge), but they were amazing.

The bronze sculptures are ver impressive.

Worth a walk right to the lake at the top, which is very calm.

Only disappointment was that there is no water pumping around the magnificent fountains... Apparently they only turn the water on a couple of times a year... Still worth seeing though!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I visited the Palace in July 2013. We took a cab from Segovia and it is about 20 minutes away. This place is beautiful. We went into the Palace first and it was great. Many rooms to see with painitngs, statues, ceilings, walls, fountains. Each room is unique and beautiful. There is a placard in both English and Spanish telling you about each room. There are many rooms so it probably takes an hour to tour. Out to the gardens. Beautiful. The roses were in bloom so lots of color. The gardens/grounds are huge and there are many grand fountains all through the property. Very nice. We spent probably 1.5 hours walking around. Very cool and very pleasant even in July at midday. We were suprised that we did not see any advertisement for this place in Segovia. We came accross it by accident. It was one of our favorite places in our month long trip to Spain. There were little or no crowds. The fountains only run when royalty is in town staying there. The folks at the Palace said it is not realistic to run them on a daily basis due to cost. I can see why they would do that. It does not matter the place is awesome. Don't miss this place. And the little town seemed very nice with Cafe's and a nice square.

5  Thank nohassle1956