I Tre Baroni(Moggiona)(Great Value!)
$100
$80
Priceline
$93
  • Breakfast included
Parc Hotel(Poppi)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewschef paolanew friendsthe kitchenmediterranean cookingthe entire staffcooking classhot tubbucket listat homeolive oilspent a weekwhole experiencelearn howlots of funlife changing experiencethe cantinapasta
Reviewed August 2, 2015

We've met lots of nice people in this trip! Our chef Paola and Host Sheenah are very friendly and accommodating. We've also met some new friends in our cooking class, we cooked together and encouraged each other. This is a real holiday for me and I will go back for sure! Thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: Rent a car to get there.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irey L
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Spend 3 days at Casa Ombuto , July 5-July 8, 2015. It went so quickly . Everything was tops esp Chef Laura. I am still reminiscing about it with a BIG smile on my face.
My daughter enjoyed the cooking so much that she would have preferred cooking all the 3 days rather than spending the last day touring around. However, she learned a lot and can't wait to try out the recipes at home. Thumbs up. Can't wait to do it again!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2015

As a college student I went to Casa Ombuto knowing only how to cook instant noodles. After attending this cooking school not only did I learn how to cook amazing Italian dishes, but I was also exposed to a new passion. Paola is an amazing and very patient teacher. She really gives the residents of Casa Ombuto a unique taste of Italy that can not be found anywhere else. After visiting all of the other tourist spots of Italy, I must admit that Casa Ombuto is Italy's most precious and beautiful hidden jewel.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2015

What a fantastic way to celebrate my 50th birthday! The week long cooking classes with Paola and the field trip were a great way to immerse ones self in Tuscan food, recipes and culture. My friend and I had stumbled across this cooking school high in the hills of Tuscany 2 years ago when we were getting ready to plan this wonderful birthday trip, and it was the pictures on their website that sealed the deal. We saw the website for Casa Ombuto and immediately fell in love and built our several week trip to Italy with this experience as the anchor. And...it did not disappoint! Everything from the location, to the accommodations, to the cooking, to the staff were outstanding. Little extras like massages, the steam/sauna room and guidance in daily trips into surrounding towns were amazing. Sheenah was a wonderful host and really went above and beyond to help make our trip memorable. In the kitchen Paola and her crew worked tirelessly to instruct, set up and serve our wonderful meals. This cooking school is great because it caters to a variety of cooking levels. Even though my friend and I are pretty good cooks, we still learned a lot of excellent techniques from Paola- so whether you are new to cooking or an expert in the kitchen, you will definitely come away with a ton of techniques and recipes to take with you into your kitchen at home. The other lovely part of this experience was getting to know people from around the world. It was wonderful cooking, laughing, and getting to know this great group of people. I highly recommend this trip and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2015

Wow, Paola your the boss in Casa Ombuto.
My family of four. Two teenage boys did not complain at all during the cooking lessons. This was very interesting to observe as a father. They really enjoyed the whole experience. I was delighted with the setting, surrounded by beautiful mountains. very clean rooms and kitchen. Meeting people from around the world, we made great new friends. Our morning trips to near towns were learning experience in a good way.
Life changing experience! Loved it!

Room Tip: try to get a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family