“An unmatchable Tuscan holiday experience combined with priceless cooking lessons with Chef Paola”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poppi
Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
Ranked #1 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Poppi
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I can't begin to express how much thought has been taken in every detail to make guests feel truly special and at home at Casa Ombuto. The owner, Pippa was very responsive to all my queries from the beginning and reassured me that though I was traveling alone, that this would be a safe, enjoyable and relaxing week for me.
During my solo stay here, our group was taught by Chef Paola and we were hosted by the new manager Sheena. Both Paola and Sheena made the whole group feel so welcome and just like we were at home---except in a luxurious way :) Every morning, a full breakfast was served followed by time to do whatever suits your fancy!...just simply lying by the beautiful pool, hanging out reading a book on the hammocks or relaxing in your villa apartment.
Then at 3PM, came the cooking lessons by Paola. I cannot even begin to explain how fun these lessons are. Paola is fun loving and has such a breadth of knowledge when it comes to culinary feasts. More than a teacher, she became more like a friend and really took the time to bond with the group. After each meal, no matter how late it got, she came out and asked what we liked, what we didn't (which was nothing...everything we ate was simply delectable!) and how we enjoyed the day.
Even though the cooking classes are thorough and a good 4 hours each (4 times during the week), the itinerary is so well thought out that I always felt there was plenty of time to myself and to spend with the other friends I made on the trip.
The property is also rustic and has preserved its' authenticity but is luxurious at the same time.
The management staff also goes out of their way to ensure that you have proper transportation, directions to other towns for day trips etc.
I don't know what else to say but, it was my dream to go to Tuscany one day and learn Italian cooking and Tuscookany / Casa Ombuto made that dream come true.
Thank you Pippa, Nelia, Paola, Sheena, Lena & Alex! You all simply rock :)
Kinjal

1 Thank LeHungryPlanet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is by far the best cookery course that I have taken so far. Being a food fanatic, this was a haven for my taste buds. We only cooked with organic produce and had the best staff to help us. Our extraordinary Chef, Laura Giusti, was ALWAYS smiling and helpful. She taught us how new technique's and how to cook with a light and happy heart. I could not be happier with my teacher and "classmates", who never gave our course a dull moment. I praise the Chef, the manager - Paola and her husband and the wonderful staff for making us feel comfortable and at home with our needs and requests. The authenticity of this place was beyond beautiful and it brought me back to the feeling of someone you look up to, teach you something they were so passionate about, in my case Laura teaching us how to cook our wonderful meals.

The itinerary was just right. Intensive enough to learn everything possible but relaxing enough to be able to enjoy your time around the area. I believe Laura helped us realiz our potential in the kitchen.

I would love to come again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a wonderful three days at Casa Ombuto under the instruction of Laura. She is a great cooking teacher with lots of patience and a great sense of humour and we actually left knowing a bit about Italian cooking and enthusiastic to try it out! We will miss the laughter in the classes and also the great hospitality extended to us by Sheena and the staff. All in all an experience worth repeating. Chris and Marina von Christierson.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisIvc
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to the Medieterranean cookery course at Casa Ombuto and I can tell you that it was an incredible week. The place - between Tuscany hills - is simply incredible. Beside, it's very organized and the staff pays a lot of attention on you. The food (and we cooked almost everything) was always fresh, great and beautiful. And the chef - in my case the Italian Laura Giusti - was fascinating and had a lot of experience. Finally, I couldn't forget the wines - only the finest ones. I only have good memories of my week at Casa Ombuto!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Casa Ombuto is the perfect holiday experience. From the moment you walk through the gates Sheena, house manager and Paola, chef extradoinaire, make you feel welcome and truly at home. There is a family feel that penetrates every recipe you learn and throughout the entire casa which just makes you want to stay forever. The photos barely come close to the beauty of this property, the pool and hot tub are simply luxe. I've never eaten (and cooked!) such wonderful food; Paola so openly shares her extensive knowledge and techniques in such a fun and charismatic way that can words just can't express! She is exceptional in every way and made all of her guests feel we were part of her family. Nothing was too much trouble for Sheena and her above and beyond service and cheerful presence just added to this being such a delightful week. As a single traveller Casa Ombuto was the perfect choice for me and my experience at casa exceeded every expectation and I can't wait to come back. Whilst so sad to leave, I feel blessed to walk away with new friends, amazing Italian recipes and best of all many many wonderful memories!

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Casa Ombuto, the setting, the villa, the food, the wine, and most especially the staff, is a real treasure! My son and I enjoyed ourselves beyond words. We had the privilege of being among the finest group of cooking students imaginable. We all bonded from the first evening, and as the week progressed we felt we were at home with family. the staff were all so wonderful. Chef Laura is a fabulous teacher and a wonderful friend. She is so encouraging. I can't wait to get back to my kitchen to keep up the lessons. Thank you all so much!

Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My sister and I are sitting at the pool on our last day here at Casa Ombuto. This place has truly been on my "bucket list" for over ten years. We have had the most amazing time, with intensive cooking classes with great comrades and the best teacher, Laura. Her energy, her heart and passion for cooking, her love for others to learn, are simply beyond words to express. The staff is fantastic, our excursions to ancient villas and oil factories and goat farms, the lunch in Poppi at the Parc Hotel, the fabulous Tapanissi ceramics, the lovely local people, simply priceless. We are sad to be leaving this magical place. If you are lucky enough to be here, you are lucky enough.

Room Tip: I needed the main floor, and our place was lovely