“Tuscany on a plate!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poppi
Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
Ranked #1 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Poppi
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Southern Highlands, Australia
“Tuscany on a plate!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Do you like to eat? If so, this is a week of cooking and eating that will excite your taste buds. Paola our chef extraordinaire – is a powerhouse of energy and enthusiasm for the world of Italian cuisine and especially the local Tuscan specialties. The week comprises 4 afternoons of cooking and a whole day excursion for wine, olive oil and cheese tasting. However, there is plenty of down time to lie by the pool, explore the local area if you have a car (recommended), walk or cycle along the trails in the forest, or just chill with a book. Other meals such as lunch and dinners provided by the staff were fantastic. The only let down was the house wines were pretty awful – Tuscany has more to offer than these basic wines. The accommodation was comfortable. However, all the staff deserves a big pat on the back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was an epic adventure for my sister and I. Loved the ambience of the entire surroundings. The herb garden, pool, hot tub, to name a few. The staff at Casa Ombuto made us feel home away from home. They were always helpful and went the extra mile!!! The Wifi availability lessened missing my boys in Australia, I could skype with them everyday. Laura is an excellent teacher. I was in awe watching her living and teaching her passion to total strangers. The food we prepared was amazing. I am using the tips and techniques now almost every time I cook.
The different wines with the dishes was also invaluable. I would highly recommend this vacation to anyone. Can't wait to take my husband there!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Olga B
Olathe, Kansas, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked this vacation for my 40th birthday to do something epic and it provided in spades. I signed up for the one week Mediterranean Course with Laura as the instructor. I was a bit nervous going to the land famous for pasta and bread being a Celiac, but Laura worked with me every step of the way to accommodate my diet and give me a taste of each dish in some form. I learned to make GF gnocchi, ravioli, Italian bread, veal, and much more. It was delicious!

The grounds were beautiful. Having Wi-Fi all around meant I could FaceTime my family back home for free. The was a guest computer available so we could keep up with our blog and keep our extended family and friend up to date on our fun (making them totally jealous).

It was a nice mix of cooking, relaxing, touring, and fellowship. All the guests became like family. They all got a crash course in cross contamination, but were very good about it and sensitive to my situation.

Conclusion: Celiacs- You're in GOOD HANDS with Laura and the Mediterranean Course at Casa Ombuto. You won't regret your decision to come to Italy and make this your first stop!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place. It's phenomenal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This trip was a surprise birthday present from my husband. Although I love to cook and had been looking forward to visiting Italy, I was anxious about traveling alone. I shouldn't have worried. Lauretta met me at the car upon my arrival and everyone on the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. Paola, the chef, is an excellent teacher and one of the funniest people you'll ever meet.
We were a small group. There were only 4 of us and we bonded right away. We travelled together to Sienna on our free day and got in some quality shopping time. Paola arranged a rental car for us on Friday morning. We toured a local monastery and Poppi castle.
The accommodations are lovely and the setting is serene. The only sounds you'll hear are the birds in the trees and a neighbor's rooster in the distance. This trip was a dream come true and I look forward to returning one day with my daughter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My first time to Italy and first time taking a cooking vacation and both exceeded my expectations!
I highly suggest Tuscookany Mediterranean cooking class at Casa Ombuto.
Beginning with a fabulous welcome dinner, it was like all of us soon became a family.

The accommodations are lovely, everything one could want. The surroundings are beautiful, too. Herbs and lavendar surround the villa and the pool is a dream.

The class was wonderfully balance with a variety of food and chef Laura was a wonderful teacher. I feel as though I have so many receipes to make now, I just hope they all come out as delicious as when the class made them. It was so nice at each meal to also be introduced with a wine that paired well with our meal.

I would highly recommend this vacation to anyone who is looking for a great week with something valueable learned at the end of the week.

Room Tip: All of the rooms at the villa were fabulous, not a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had long dreamt of a European cooking holiday. Two years ago when travelling to Europe I discovered Tuscookany but I was travelling in the off season, so the dream was put on hold. Finally the opportunity came and I found myself heading to Casa Ombuto! My first view of the villa came as we drove through the beautiful surrounding hills and from the moment I arrived and was offered my first glass of wine, I knew I was in the right place. The staff were incredibly welcoming from the moment I made my first enquiries and made me feel at home immediately. The accomodation and surrounds were second to none with nothing overlooked. The cooking course was a wonderfully balanced program and Laura, our wonderful chef was an exceptional teacher. My companions throughout the adventure were a friendly, wonderful mix of people from all around the world and it was a delight to spend a week with them all. I highly recommend this holiday- it was certainly worth the trip from Australia.

Room Tip: All rooms fantastic
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank anne c
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was a present for my partner so really nervous that it would be all she ever dreamt about. And to say it was and more is an understatement. from the moment we arrived to the moment we sadly left we became part of the lovely family. The beautiful location and accommondation are beyond words.The cooking lessions were excellent Laura is a marvellous chef and teacher.
Lauratta the new manager is gentle, kind and very efficient and we wish her all the best in this most amazing job. If you are worried about booking don't be just do it you will have a holiday experience of a lifetime that you will never forget. Thank you for making dreams come true!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Travel4fun2go, Owner at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Louise,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Tuscookany cooking classes in Italy so much. It was a pleasure meeting you both and we hope to welcome you back sometime in the future at either Casa Ombuto or Torre del Tartufo. Hopefully you are now fully recovered from all your work for the Olympics. Happy cooking and greetings from the Tuscookany team!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poppi
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel David
Hotel David
#1 of 421 in Florence
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,079 reviews
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
I Tre Baroni
I Tre Baroni
#1 of 1 in Moggiona

Been to Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany? Share your experiences!