“Terrific find”
Review of Charlie Restaurant

Charlie Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Poppi
Reviewed June 2, 2018

We found this place by chance on our way out of Poppi one day, but it was closed. A few days later on our last night we tried again and found it open. How glad we are! Easily the best meal we had in Tuscany, very good price, excellent service. And a beautiful location. My wife is coeliac but the attention to detail from the young lady who I believe owns it could not have been better. I honestly cannot fault it. For UK readers, this was fine dining at Beefeater prices. Take the trouble to find it if you are nearby, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Intrusive G

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed even though we had no reservation. Our hostess was very pleasant and friendly. We choose the mixed local cheeses to start accompanied by chestnut honey. When I enquired where I could purchase the honey they gave me a small pot and told me where I could find it locally. My partner had the guinea fowl and porchini and I had the wild boar both tasted great and portions were generous. A shared desert of chocolate cake with hazelnuts and pear and we were both very full! A great place to go with emphasis on Casentino foods and wines at a reasonable price, Fabulous views too.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal, lovely hostess. Felt welcome and comfortable and the food was traditional and filling. My mussel and bean pasta was delicious and my husband enjoyed his pici pasta ragu. Would return again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

The dinner and the Service were great. The restaurant is built in a castle. There is a wonderful view. Everything is very modern.
It was awesome

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

What a little gem of a restaurant this was! This was an intimate setting, exceptional service and a menu that branches away from traditional Italian and offers an insight into the Chef's worldly travels through the flavours. Best restaurant in town, set atop a historic castle setting.

Date of visit: August 2017