“A great place in a perfect setting”
Review of Casa Pei

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucignano
Casa Pei
Ranked #2 of 11 Lucignano B&B and Inns
Menlo Park, California
“A great place in a perfect setting”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I almost don't want to write this review because it will attract more people to this wonderful B&B and I want to keep it all to myself. However, Casa Pei truly deserves recognition. Everything written about it is true. The place is great - spotless, quiet, delicious breakfast, wonderful owners, lovingly remodeled and located in the old town. Dino and Silvana want you to have a wonderful experience in Italy. They provide helpful travel maps & tips, including where to park when visiting certain towns and even a hidden gem of a monastery. I found their advice to be better than the guidebooks. Dino is rightly proud of the beautiful house where he grew up and his father lived for 96 years! The rooms were well-appointed and there were places to sit and soak in the atmosphere of the house and town.

You can't go wrong with Casa Pei. Lucignano feels exactly what you thought a stay in Tuscany should be like - quiet, beautiful and with great food. In fact, I couldn't even find a tourist shop there to buy a t-shirt as a souvenir-that is the definition of travel perfection. If you are in Tuscany, stop here and stay for at least 3 nights. The other tourist towns are an easy drive (Siena, Cortona, San Gimignano, Montepulciano, Pienza etc). After you see the sights and buy your t-shirts from there, come back to the quiet town for a great dinner and a perfect Tuscan setting. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Casa Pei is in a carefully restored old building that is part of the historic town wall. We stayed four nights (2 adults, 1 child) in a comfortable suite with excellent views of the adjacent valley and old water tower. The Peis are gracious and helpful hosts. Breakfast was very good and featured many local specialties and freshly baked goods. They gave us many good travel tips. Lucignano itself is a lovely town with a nice little museum, lots of alleys to explore and several great restaurants. We also used it as a base to the surrounding hill towns as well as Siena.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Casa Pei is a hidden gem! If you go anywhere near Lucignano, you MUST stay with Dino and Silvana for a couple nights. As the others have stated, this B&B is tucked within the walls of Lucignano and has been completely renovated. The accommodations, service and hospitality are undoubtedly 5 star! Dino helped us with parking, luggage, and truly went above and beyond. He and his wife told us about a food and wine event in town that evening and even invited us to join them. Silvana has beautifully decorated the rooms with finest décor and you definitely feel the warmth and love in their home. The breakfasts are amazing and there is also an amazing restaurant, LaRocca, down the street. We had the pear salad, grilled lamb, and grilled vegetables. It was truly one of the most amazing meals we have ever had. Lucignano, LaRocca, and Casa Pei are MUST stops on your next tour through Tuscany!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hancock, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 18, 2013

In May, my daughter took me to Italy for vacation. We had a wonderful time together and visited Venice, Siena, Lucignano and Florence. Our favorite place was Casa Pei. Dino and Silvana are the perfect hosts. It was like visiting family. Our rooms were lovely and breakfasts were superb. Silvana baked delicious tarts and the presentation was perfect. I would highly recommend a visit to Casa Pei. We timed our visit in order to see the Maggiolatta Lucignese which is a beautiful spring celebration with flower floats, folk dancing, drums, horns - all very exciting and beautiful. Lucignano is a lovely small Tuscan hill town, charming in every way. Dino and Silvana made us feel so welcome and were most attentive and helpful. Absolutely wonderful people and I hope to go back again sometime..

Room Tip: The Girasole is lovely with a balcony. We occupied two rooms and my daughter loved the Olivo which...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't adequately explain how wonderful my stay at Casa Pei was. Although my trip to Italy was amazing, this was by far the best part of my trip. Dino and Silvana are such lovely, warm and hospitable people, they truly made me and my mom feel like family while staying at their bed and breakfast. The accommodations were lovely and fresh, and the food that was presented was so delicious. I plan to go back to stay at Casa Pei, not only for the lovely setting of the town, but because I miss my new friends Dino and Silvana. This was by far the best part of my stay in Italy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Casa Pei is a beautiful old home in a lovely, unspoiled hill town. The house has been renovated and maintained to perfection by Dino and Silvana Pei who epitomize the term hospitality. Our room was simply and tastefully furnished, and was kept impeccably clean. Breakfast was delicious and worthy of a photo; Silvana is a fantastic baker who served us homemade cakes along with delicious meats and fruit salads. As others have mentioned, Dino is a born guide who helped us plan every day, making excellent recommendations for day trips and supplying maps. We give Casa Pei the highest recommendation and would love to make a return visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited Lucignano in July 2012. Although we did not stay at Casa Pei, because we stayed at a villa across from Casa Pei that is owned by some family friends. It was our first visit to Tuscany and won't be our last. We met Dino and his wife by chatting across the yards. They invited us to tour their bed and breakfast. They were so gracious and even invited us to join them for a drink on their terrace.

They are very proud of their property and I have to say it was beautiful. They were so lovely to invite us to their "neighborhood" party the evening before we went back to Barcelona. We had a blast; the atmosphere of a true Italian party! We thought we were in a movie, it was just so beautiful sitting outside amongst the locals, having a five course meal, delicious wine, music and dancing in the streets.

Next time we visit we'll be sure to stay at Casa Pei.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple