“One of our top two spots on a 3 week tour of Europe!”
Review of Casa Pei

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucignano
Casa Pei
Ranked #3 of 11 Lucignano B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Casa Pei is a hidden gem! If you go anywhere near Lucignano, you MUST stay with Dino and Silvana for a couple nights. As the others have stated, this B&B is tucked within the walls of Lucignano and has been completely renovated. The accommodations, service and hospitality are undoubtedly 5 star! Dino helped us with parking, luggage, and truly went above and beyond. He and his wife told us about a food and wine event in town that evening and even invited us to join them. Silvana has beautifully decorated the rooms with finest décor and you definitely feel the warmth and love in their home. The breakfasts are amazing and there is also an amazing restaurant, LaRocca, down the street. We had the pear salad, grilled lamb, and grilled vegetables. It was truly one of the most amazing meals we have ever had. Lucignano, LaRocca, and Casa Pei are MUST stops on your next tour through Tuscany!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2013

In May, my daughter took me to Italy for vacation. We had a wonderful time together and visited Venice, Siena, Lucignano and Florence. Our favorite place was Casa Pei. Dino and Silvana are the perfect hosts. It was like visiting family. Our rooms were lovely and breakfasts were superb. Silvana baked delicious tarts and the presentation was perfect. I would highly recommend a visit to Casa Pei. We timed our visit in order to see the Maggiolatta Lucignese which is a beautiful spring celebration with flower floats, folk dancing, drums, horns - all very exciting and beautiful. Lucignano is a lovely small Tuscan hill town, charming in every way. Dino and Silvana made us feel so welcome and were most attentive and helpful. Absolutely wonderful people and I hope to go back again sometime..

Room Tip: The Girasole is lovely with a balcony. We occupied two rooms and my daughter loved the Olivo which...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't adequately explain how wonderful my stay at Casa Pei was. Although my trip to Italy was amazing, this was by far the best part of my trip. Dino and Silvana are such lovely, warm and hospitable people, they truly made me and my mom feel like family while staying at their bed and breakfast. The accommodations were lovely and fresh, and the food that was presented was so delicious. I plan to go back to stay at Casa Pei, not only for the lovely setting of the town, but because I miss my new friends Dino and Silvana. This was by far the best part of my stay in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Casa Pei is a beautiful old home in a lovely, unspoiled hill town. The house has been renovated and maintained to perfection by Dino and Silvana Pei who epitomize the term hospitality. Our room was simply and tastefully furnished, and was kept impeccably clean. Breakfast was delicious and worthy of a photo; Silvana is a fantastic baker who served us homemade cakes along with delicious meats and fruit salads. As others have mentioned, Dino is a born guide who helped us plan every day, making excellent recommendations for day trips and supplying maps. We give Casa Pei the highest recommendation and would love to make a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited Lucignano in July 2012. Although we did not stay at Casa Pei, because we stayed at a villa across from Casa Pei that is owned by some family friends. It was our first visit to Tuscany and won't be our last. We met Dino and his wife by chatting across the yards. They invited us to tour their bed and breakfast. They were so gracious and even invited us to join them for a drink on their terrace.

They are very proud of their property and I have to say it was beautiful. They were so lovely to invite us to their "neighborhood" party the evening before we went back to Barcelona. We had a blast; the atmosphere of a true Italian party! We thought we were in a movie, it was just so beautiful sitting outside amongst the locals, having a five course meal, delicious wine, music and dancing in the streets.

Next time we visit we'll be sure to stay at Casa Pei.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was our third extended visit to Lucignano, but first to Casa Pei. And simply put, I look forward to returning and recommend this place without reservation.

This B&B was our first. And, it's a bit (a lot) like staying with your parents. Dino and his wife are warm, friendly, and welcoming people. Every morning at breakfast they asked about our plans for the day. Then, in a few minutes, we were given a map with recommendations of where to park and things to be sure to see. Very, very helpful. Dino even helped with our bags because we arrived so late. Not at all expected, but much, much, appreciated.

The morning meals were spectacular. It was typical European - breads, cheeses, meats, and fruits. We were always given more than we should eat and I even ate more than I should more than once because it was so good (and I didn't want to be wasteful).

The room was great and most important, very, very clean. The king bed was comfortable. There was ample space so we never felt cramped or crowded. Each day the room was made up (which I didn't expect, but certainly appreciated). We also had a private balcony with a great view of the surrounding countryside.

In summary, I can't think of a better place to stay in the area, let alone Lucignano. Warm, friendly, and helpful hosts. A clean and comfortable room. And, delicious food to start each day. You can't ask for more and won't need to when staying at Casa Pei!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LetsEat360
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've gone there with my family, as we love tuscan countryside and we live in the Bay Area now. Couldn't choose better! Lucignano is a small treasure, luckily (for us) neglected by travel guides who push places like Pienza or San Gimignano, very attractive but absolutely overcrowded. The Casapei B & B was another big surprise, Dino is the host you expect as you travel this way in Italy (tradel guides should write about him!) and Silvana keeps the place warm, veeery clean and also quite classy! Will go back, sooner or later!

Room Tip: The Girasole room has a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family