“Wonderful surprise”

Ristorante Il Goccino
Reserve with
Ristorante Il Goccino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Lucignano
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Creating a cooking philosophy cannot be done in a short time. Susanna and Fabrizio to build their culinary definition started off from family tradition; thereafter their aim partially changed reaching a new balance between tradition and innovation. Of primary importance for them are a continued research for quality and the bond with the territory, without neglecting creativity The dream was "to open a restaurant where to go with pleasure to eat": thus a corporate executive - Fabrizio, and the manger of the family farm - Susanna, both with a passion for good food, turned into "a host and a chef" . The opportunity presented itself with the visit to the property that shortly after would have become, the home of "The Goccino" restaurant: a love at first sight, for the special environments that characterized it and the superb terrace overlooking the Val di Chiana. The business started off as a wine bar, to turn during the first few years into a charming restaurant. It began with Tuscan f
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We made our first visit upon the recommendation of two differeent strangers, and to our surprise it far exceeded our expectations! Owner and staff were not only friendly and efficicent but the chef was fantastic. We will visit it several more times before our week is over. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food.

1  Thank Harold M

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant is located in the small town of Lucignano, about 25 km southwest of Arezzo. If the weather is nice, try to get a table on the terrace where the view down into the Chiana valley is spectacular. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the food is terrific. My wife and I shared the "antipasto goccino", a wonderful assortment of dishes of various kinds. For our main courses, I had a delicious dish of stuffed rabbit and she had what she called the best lamb that she has ever eaten. I have no hesitation in recommending the place to anybody.

1  Thank JohnAndLaryssa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a lovely evening meal on the outside terrace, with free prosecco and amuse bouche. I had the set meal, which was good value.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

For my last birthday, my wife took me to Il Goccino restaurant in Lucignano, Italy where I satisfied a long time curiosity and tasted truffles for the first time. I had it with the taglioli and I was very pleased. The other dishes we had, which I don't remember off the top of my head, were all excellent and the service was great too. I recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank mountainmango
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a more upmarket place than a "just like Mama used to make" place (which I love). But while it is more pricey and smarter than the normal restaurant in the area it is well worth a visit. the food is delicious, the wine list is great and the view from the terrace (include that in your booking) is beautiful.I had steak and finished every bite despite the fact that it was huge.
Lucignano is a very pretty village and well worth a visit.

1  Thank fhan