“Always dependable”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Always dependable”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This large eatery right on the busy Highway 7 in Carleton Place welcomes with its huge parking lot. There are usually specials, but the tried and true dishes, like grilled chicken souvlaki with rice and gorgeous potatoes, and a Greek salad, and like great pizzas, and yummy burgers, and Italian stalwarts like lasagna, spaghetti and more pasta delights, all are available, and consistently delish.

Because it is busy, the food is fresh. I find the servers range from too busy, too busy for you, or simply like your good pal welcoming you into their home. Especially Paul. A sweetheart. Helpful and full of joy!

• Visited May 2013

Bloomfield, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Stop on the way to a Sens Game”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stopped at Thruway Restaurant several times in the last few months and would highly recommend it. The food is good and the staff are very friendly. Perfect stop on the way to a Sens game.

• Visited April 2013
Belleville, Canada
“Worth the stop, ask for Stacey.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

10 of us stopped on way to Ottawa, leaf game. We called ahead and they were ready and waiting. Stacey was are server and was friendly and quick as we had limited time. Had Montreal smoke meat some had the special and all of us like it. I will return next time by. The owner ( guess) was tentative and checked on us twice. I can not remember her name. Washroom clean as is the rest of the place. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
Calabogie, Canada
“Great stop!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I live in the area and this is my diner of choice. My dad and I meet here every other friday night for dinner. The wait staff is great, and always friendly! The food is amazing and comes in big portions. It has a great small town feel. The pricing is good, you could take a family of 4 there for under $100.00 for sure. They have a daily soup, which is normally amazing. TIP: Ask for a booth on the left side of the restaurant. There is less noise and a big tv to see the game!

• Visited March 2013
Barrhaven, Ontario, Canada
“Definitely need to rethink staff”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Thruway has been a restaurant I have always recommended to many people and have gone to for years and LOVED. It was my mom's birthday and, while the location is no longer convenient to all of us, she insisted that this is where she wanted to celebrate. So we all made arrangements to meet up there. Sadly, I don't think we will ever go back.

The entire time we felt like we were inconveniencing both our waitress and the hostess who initially brought us to our seats. When it came time to pay, the hostess didn't say two words the entire time. Just went through the motions of taking my money.

There was a mix-up regarding us bringing in a birthday cake..although I'm not sure why. I had called ahead and was told that it wouldn't be a problem. I also mentioned to the hostess that we had brought the cake when she seated us and she said it was fine. But when it came time for us to serve it we were made to feel like we were breaking some sort of law, which left my Mom feeling absolutely terrible and uncomfortable. I wouldn't have brought one had it been an issue.

The assumption made was that we were trying to get out of paying a serving fee; which was even more insulting. We would have been fine with paying that fee (and we did pay it, as well as tipped well) the issue was this was my mom's birthday and if there was a problem regarding a serving fee or us bringing in a cake it shouldn't have been directed to her. It should have been mentioned to me on the multiple times I discussed the cake with the staff. It was supposed to be my mom's day and it really bothered me that a person in the customer service industry could take the time to make a WHOLE table feel uncomfortable, but couldn't once wish the patron who was clearly celebrating her big day a "Happy Birthday!" We are a friendly and easygoing family. We had two well behaved young children with us and were not at all inconveniencing anyone in the far back corner where we were seated. We spent a decent amount of money in this establishment, both during this visit and over the last few years. But apparently customer service is no longer a priority. Smiling faces go along way, and friendly conversation is always what made this place such an enjoyable establishment.

The food was still great and served quickly; but it didn't make up for what we lost in friendly customer service.

Visited March 2013