“Excellent Experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had our Christmas get-together at Slackoni's and it was a wonderful experience. The service was second to none; the atmosphere was great and the food was delicious. Beautifully presented - piping hot. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants both atmosphere and good food. Soft music played in the background and it was actually a joy to be able to carry on a conversation with everyone at the table. A special treat from the typical bar-type restaurants that seem to be popping up everywhere.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Being new to Carleton Place (recently moved from Waterloo) we were looking for a quality restuarant that could rival one found in the city, and were recommended to try Slackoni's. The food was fresh, prepared from scratch and more delicious than anything we have had in a very long time. The service was attentive, friendly and warm. The atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for situated right on the Mississippi River. The biggest surprise came in the bill where we would have expected a significantly higher price. Grateful to have found this rare treasure!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently had my wedding in Carleton Place and was planning out of town. I decided to have Slackonis cater the wedding since there food is always so delicious and fresh. Rob completly took care of everything and was always a few steps ahead of me. When it came down to the day before and the day I was scatter brained and all over the place during the set-up. As my own wedding planner I was starting to loose control. Walking into the reception after the ceremony It was perfect. His wonderful staff had eveeything under control. After all the courses were over, after greattt service, I had everyone come up to me to tell me that was the best wedding food they have ever had and that the food was unreal. His soup and prime rib were the two biggest hits. Thank you Slackoni's for serving a memorable dinner at my wedding!!

1  Thank bride87
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Absolutely spectacular and cooked to perfection italian meals. Owner and chef is no chump when it comes to satisfying the tastebuds. The canaloni is to die for and the pollo parmesean....fahgaht about it! its ovah the top ovah heeh!!! Serveis is great, they are alway eyeballing you to make sure your needs are met. Very nice riverside setting.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The atmosphere is warm, romantic and very inviting. Great friendly servers and staff. Prices are great for the quality and portions that you get. You can see the Mississippi falls from inside the restaurant or if you are sitting outside on the patio you can also see and hear the falls.

I eat here on a regular basis...,The owner is the chef...excellent cook!! I wanted something that was not on the menu, my server put the order in and the chef cooked it...now where can you go to a restaurant that will do that......portions are plentiful , I always take out a doggy bag, and I'm a big eater....I'm also Italian and know great Italian food when I taste it :)

I give this restaurant a 20 out of 10...it's that good !!

J