“Great Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ballygiblin's Restaurant and Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cooks with local organic sustainable ingredients. Involved in the slow-food movement. Participates in community events.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

You will not be disappointed with Bally's. The food is good, the service is good and it is reasonably priced. I find the restaurant a little dark but I suppose that's meant for ambience. They have something on their menu for everyone - again you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Ballygiblin's Restaurant and Pub

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Ballygiblin's and cannot believe I haven't reviewed it prior to this... Bally's is truly a local gem serving excellent food, sourced locally, served by friendly staff and excellent ownership and chef.

I have had Bally's prepare a special themed menu for a milestone birthday fo my wife and every course was well researched and tested by the head Chef Dusty and his staff and the final menu was outstanding. Sherry, Dan and Emma are wonderful servers who make you feel welcome even at the busiest times.

Derek Levesque is the owner who has made this a must stop in the Valley... I cannot say enough about the food service and overall quality.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's expensive by small town standards but the food and service are very good. It's worth the money for a special occasion.

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food, Good service, Good price. Great value for your money. For a very relaxing evening out this is the place to try

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Visited Ballygiblin's recently for a family birthday party. Had checked it out weeks earlier to see the layout, seating, ambience, etc. Arrived prior to the dinner to decorate. A bit of a strange reception when we arrived. I was shown the area where we would be sitting and that was it. I was left to my own devices (ie. not sure how cutlery would be arranged by restaurant, had to ask for glassware, no one really bothered with us or asked if we were okay). Having never dined there before, I didn't know if tablecloths were put on the table for dinners, or if they pre-set the places at the table, etc., which made my decorating ideas a bit of a guess. Anyway, apart from that, the dinners were great and the variety of beer were wonderful. The birthday girl had a very large floppy cowboy hat placed on her head, and the staff sang happy birthday to her...she had a marvelous time, and the evening turned out very well. Will visit again.

1  Thank Wewillgofar