i saw this deal on Travel Zoo for 2 nights and thought we would stay here as we were in the area. I called to ensure travelling with our well behaved small dog would be accepted, and was told there would be no problem.
When we arrived we were greated by a friendly staff. Our room was ready early. We were given a brief list of what to do and long list NOT to do with dogs. We should have left her at home as the list of what NOT to do was everything. We basically sat (in very uncomfortable chairs) on our balcony and read. After we decided to ignore the list and took her for a walk on the deck and sat watching the water and sunset with a glass of wine(another not)
The next day a couple arrived on second floor above us and promptly turned on the air. It was very cool and not required. We could not sit out on the balcony and read as it was extremely noisy. The couple argued outside in the evening and stayed awake until after midnight walking around opening and closing the patio doors. This definitely was not the quiet time we had the night before. Perhaps this couple should have been given a list of don't s and not our dog.
We would never stay here again, however it is beautiful and peaceful. We enjoyed watching the boats in the locks and having a picnic. I recommend the Gallery on the Lake next door to view many original painting.
Rooms are worn and need to be updated. We did not participate in the meal plan as we thought it too expensive and we could not leave the dog in the room alone.(another rule)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwind is a cozy cedar lodge nestled under tall pines on pink granite rock at the waters edge in a spectacular wilderness setting. About 90 minutes from Toronto & easily accessible. Casual, unpretentious, comfortable. Family owned & operated year round providing nature, tranquility & relaxation. The main lodge offers 31 cozy log cabin style bedsitting rooms with sofa, fireplace, balcony, antiques & original art - 6 with heart shaped jet tubs for two. Common living room. Our chalet has 4 larger suites with many extra touches such as pine floors and cedar ceilings 4 poster bed, overstuffed sofa, larger balcony with a view, large jet tub, fireplace, fridge. They are popular for honeymoons & special occasions or the executive here on a retreat or conference. We provide a welcoming atmosphere with complimentary activities for every season, friendly staff, outstanding surroundings & superb lakeside dining. Majority of our clientele are repeat or referral, we hope you will become one also! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Westwind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwind Inn On The Lake Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Resort Buckhorn
- Westwind Inn Buckhorn, Ontario, Canada