My boyfriend and I stayed here last September. The venue is beautiful and set in countryside that is simply stunning. We loved the room and the bathroom was fantastic! Shower was huge and powerful and deco lovely - very relaxing country chic!
We decided to eat at the restaurant and the evening began very well when we were given a complimentary mushroom and truffle soup cup courtesy of the chef which tasted delicious. The food which followed was beautifully presented, i was slightly dissappointed that the 'roasted squash' part of my meal only consisted of a couple of tiny cubes of squash (smaller than a sugar cube!) Perhaps i am not cut out for this level of posh cuisine! Other than that we liked the meal very much and the breakfast was equally enjoyable.
We would definately recommend the wheatsheaf!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is situated in large terraced gardens overlooking the village of Combe Hay in idyllic countryside just 10 minutes drive from the centre of Bath. The Wheatsheaf is a haven of contemporary rustic chic, preserving the best of the past and enhancing the present. Real Ales, local Cider and an impressive, as well as attractively economical Wine List are still available from the Bar and only the very best of local and home grown produce is used in the preparation and cooking of the stylish and mouth-watering food in the Restaurant. The open log fire warms and welcomes in the Autumn and Winter, during Spring and Summer the Terrace and garden beckon. The Wheatsheaf is a place for all seasons, for resting, relaxing and the fine things in life... Polite Dogs are welcome at The Wheatsheaf Combe Hay, Margaux and Gloria our Cocker Spaniels and Brie our Springer Spaniel all live at The Wheatsheaf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wheatsheaf, Combe Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay
- The Wheatsheaf, Combe Hay Somerset