The rooms are a good size, well furnished and come complete with homemade biscuits, coffee, tea and chilled mineral water. Other beverages and food were available at additional cost.
The bed is firm with very comfortable bedding.
The bathroom is good but the sink is too small.
The breakfast is very good with an excellent range of choices.
The restaurant serves excellent (but quite expensive) food. The choices on the menu are a touch limited (especially considering the extensive choices on the wine menu!).
We both found the fact that a "vegetarian option is available on request" somewhat odd!
With the risk of sounding sexist, I thought the customer service and general customer experience would possibly be improved with a bit more of a woman's touch! Previous reviews that mention arrogant males are understandable - the staff here are very pleasant in a functional way but possibly lack the likability factor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is situated in large terraced gardens overlooking the village of Combe Hay in idyllic countryside just 10 minutes drive from the centre of Bath. The Wheatsheaf is a haven of contemporary rustic chic, preserving the best of the past and enhancing the present. Real Ales, local Cider and an impressive, as well as attractively economical Wine List are still available from the Bar and only the very best of local and home grown produce is used in the preparation and cooking of the stylish and mouth-watering food in the Restaurant. The open log fire warms and welcomes in the Autumn and Winter, during Spring and Summer the Terrace and garden beckon. The Wheatsheaf is a place for all seasons, for resting, relaxing and the fine things in life... Polite Dogs are welcome at The Wheatsheaf Combe Hay, Margaux and Gloria our Cocker Spaniels and Brie our Springer Spaniel all live at The Wheatsheaf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wheatsheaf, Combe Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay
- The Wheatsheaf, Combe Hay Somerset