“What a lovely place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Thursford
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“What a lovely place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have been accommodated very well in this seafood restaurant. The food was perfect. A lovely little place were the owners work with their heart! I recommend it without any problem.

• Visited October 2012

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We ate at the Old Forge before going to the Thursford Christmas spectacular.
The service was excellent and the food delicious. When the wife and I go out for meals I normaly go for the meat dishes. As it was a Fish restaurant I would go for a fish course. I was very impressed with all the fish dishes, and I had the fish instead of the meat dishes that were also available.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food but.............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We ate at the Old Forge beforw going to the Thursford Christmas spectacular, they advertise a pre-show menu.
We were not offered the pre-show menus even though it was 4.30 and I had made clear that we were going to the show, my wif aske for it and was told it is fish soup, salmon and profitroles there was no other choices on offer.
We went on the main menu - it was very good but a little too expensive

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank brian g
Munxar, Gozo
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service was excellent and the food delicious. I am more of a meat eater but I was very impressed with all the fish dishes, and I had the fish instead of the meat dishes that were also available.

Visited November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Not as good as should have been”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a meal four of us and wish i had looked on here first as we had three meals out of four which were not up to standard, justified by the owners comments to complaints on here he cannot take criticism as the sea food was over cooked we complained and got money for two off the bill but the owner insisted that he has been cooking for 17 years and been on TV. so what !!! if is over cooked its overcooked. also for the high price of the food the veg was poor as well as the service was poor after asking for water and it never coming and taking away our side plats then offering more bread with the main meal with no side dishes. all in all i have ate in many restaurants and for this price there are much much better places to go. PS local sea food restaurant but none of the sea food is all in all a rip off

• Visited October 2012