“A special evening”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“A special evening”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On Thursday I tried to make a last minute booking for Saturday, but they were sadly and obviously full. The owner later called back, having retrieved my number from the call log and said he had just had a cancellation for Friday and would I like that evening instead. I said how grateful I was for this 'above and beyond' call of duty, but that we were busy, and thanked him anyway. He then said 'well lets see if I can sort something for you', and said if I didn't mind eating early and have coffee on the sofa as the table would be required for 7.45 he would love to try and work something out for me. So that is what we did, and we went on Saturday.

So indeed food was exceptional. Service was unobtrusive, polite and efficient, it even had a feeling of being at home. Lovely, relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. Thank you, and especially for the extra effort of fitting us in.

norfolk england
“lee and julie downham mkt”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

been to this restaurant on two occasions and had two excellent meals found colin sarah and staff very freindly and helpful and when we are in the area always find the time to have a great meal and visit these lovely people

• Visited August 2012
Eye , Suffolk ,UK
“A rare find”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

It is so unusual to find a good seafood restaurant outside London and being so close to the North Norfolk coast the ingredients were fresh. The food was outstanding with friendly service. We went on a Tuesday night in September and the restaurant was full, this is a good sign of a successful business.
We had an enjoyable and memorable night and will definitely rebook and recommend to our friends in the area.
Thank you for the excellent experience.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Scrumtious!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A delightful evening had enjoying the smells and flavours of some wonderful seafood cuisine cooked with love and passion and not from a production line!

When we return to Norfolk, which I'm sure we will, we'll be back!

“Niiiiice”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I have been staying in a lovely B&B in Lt. Snoring regularly for the last few years (Jex Farm) and every time we've gone the owners have mentioned how friendly Colin of the The Old Forge was and how good the food was, so last friday night, after a quick shufty on yon Trip Advisor, we headed over. No booking we just appeared on the doorstep and looked pitiful at the poor lass that opened the door. On the promise we were quick they squeezed us into an already busy restaurant, we skipped starters (we are akin with that extra notch on the belt already) and we went straight for the mains, me having the scallops special and my wife the half lobster. A good size lobster turned up and a decent plate of scallops with a MOST excellent sauce along with some veg, some VERY nice lentils (essential for sauce mopping) and sauteed spuds. We then exercised our formidable will power and caved in immediately for desserts of Pineapple in Kirsch and a prune and Armagnac bread n butter pudding.
The food was lovely, Colin was as friendly as we were told, the service was friendly and excellent and the price was spot on for the meal; pricey by Harvester, cheap by Jamie Oliver standards. A very good meal and an excellent restaurant.

• Visited August 2012