No photo provided
Ranked #1 of 3 Thursford B&B and Inns
Munxar, Gozo
“Visiting ex-pat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to travel to the UK and found this little gem on my travels. I was extremely tired and was in unfamiliar territory but the owners, Colin and Sarah offered me the warmest of welcomes. They advised me on what routes to take to my business destinations and when I returned in the evening an excellent menu awaited me. The rooms where clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning set me up for the day. I stayed for three nights and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacqueline B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times now over the past few years whilst working on setting up the Thursford Christmas Spectacular and it has never let me down. It's location is just a few minutes drive away from the venue and on a good road for getting around other parts of Norfolk. Colin and Sarah have always been great hosts and do everything they can to accommodate me and make me feel at home.

I still haven't managed to eat in the Restaurant for dinner due to always working late, but the Breakfast has always been fantastic. I'm staying here for 6 nights in a week so hope to enjoy the seafood then as I hear from many local people that it truly is well worth it.

Room wise it's a well ran B&B, so it's fresh and clean and gives a good night sleep. Broadband is available on request which means if you have Skype or Facetime and a laptop you can get past the typical Norfolk phone signal issues and still talk to your loved one if like me you work away.

I like it here, it's what a great B&B should be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DaveJWarner
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very nice guy, good caracter and sometimes to familiar. Food was excelent, not realy cheap. The room we got was at the limit. No space, no shower, not what you can call cosy. Ikea furniture...
Very standard breakfast. Could not order. To expensive for the B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Marco B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Found this fabulous restaraunt on trip advisor whilst looking for places to stay when attending the Christmas Thursford Spectacular show. What a find! The owners gave us a very warm welcome and although the room we stayed in was very basic, the food was out of this world! A little pricey but worth every penny! Can especially recommend the bread & butter pudding for afters!!! We shall be eating here again - shame we live so far away!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Marples74
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

We decided to stay here last year whilst visting family, we were traveling with a dog so the owner offered one of their stables as a place for the dog to stay which was a lovely touch. The rooms themselves are nice and beds are comfortable. The best thing about this little gem is the restaurant, I usually don't eat seafood so was worried about eating here, I shouldn't of worried at all. The food was BEAUTIFUL! One of their dishes, crayfish tails in chilli and garlic will stay my firm favourite for a long time.
Thankyou for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank beedavis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed on our way to gt Yarmouth and loved it, we was not planning to stop but we was tired and safety 1st, so glad we stopped, food was tasty and a plesent surprise. A+++++

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank The-valeter
milands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

me and my wife stayed at this hotel in the middle of the year and we was not duapoint we both
love sea-food and the old forge did not disapoint the food was yummy. The staff were extremly friendly and the chef was lovely and creative with his dishes which were very tasty and great value for money. Our room was clean and comfortable. Would definetly go back and going to plan to see u some time in the new year and looking forward to it many thanks again all my best from lee and claire :) :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lee s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thursford
Black Lion Hotel
#1 of 2 in Great Ryburgh
London House
London House
#1 of 1 in Barney

Been to The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!