“Excellent conference hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claremorris
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent conference hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel last Tuesday for a conference and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I cannot wait to go back in a personal capacity and bring my children as the Halloween break kids club looked brilliant. There were so many families who were enjoying the stay.
Our conference facilities were excellent and the meals provided to the large group were lovely and served up hot and in a timely fashion. The staff are so friendly and the attention to detail is fantastic, every request was met with a smile and a 'No problem'.
I would recommend hosting any event here and I cannot wait to go back next time to bring my young family for a leisure trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2011

MarieR
We stayed here from the 28th 31st Oct for 3 nights with our 9 year old grandson - i must say everything was very clean (as you would expect) and the service was 1st class. The kids club was an added bonus and my grandson thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast was great - dinner lovely but not enough choice on the inclusive dinner menu. Drinks were reasonably price and the hotel child friendly. Although there was a wedding on Sat it didn't disturb us at all in fact it was lovely to see all the style!!! i would definitely recommend to family and friends

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at the McWilliam for two nights from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th October. We were attending my nephews wedding. We had a fab time and the hotel staff and conditions helped in no small way to make our weekend extremely enjoyable. Its a beautiful hotel with fantastic staff. We have stayed on a few occassions and will recommend it to all my friends. The food is first class. We had an excellent meal on the Friday night and the food at the wedding was second to none. Well done everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are just fab
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband & our 2 yr old stayed here recently. On checking in they had no record of our booking. I had the email confirmation on my phone, the receptionist asked me to email if back to her! That's a first.
The room located in"business class" was lovely, spacious, liked the DVD player etc. Downside there was a wedding & the noise in the corridor was horrendous.
Unfortunately another downside for this hotel was the food, awful. Breakfast was akin to a 2 star. Attitude of staff in the restaurant went between the amateur to the ones who treated you as a minor convenience. Dinner was also not worth wasting time on. Night 2 we ph'd at 5pm to book dinner, we were told 9pm even though I said we had a 2 yr old. I don't care how busy an establishment is, asking a child of that age to wait that long & offering no alternative is both thoughtless & extremely unprofessional. There were other small issues which I brought to the attention of management on checkout. It would seem to me (there was another wedding the 2nd night of our stay) this hotel makes it's money primarly as a wedding venue & bed nights are taken up mainly with wedding guests. That's a shame, if you have a car the location can be a great base and we really liked our room, pity about everything else

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Mauve
Corrandulla, Co. Galway
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Hi My husband and i are once again home after a lovely stay at your hotel last weekend. Everything was so fantastic, from the minute we entered the hotel - the reception staff, bar staff and waiting stafff were all so nice and friendly. Had a fab meal and breakfast. We have stayed in t he hotel so many times now and already we are arranging to gather a few friends and have a nite there for the christmas social. We have stayed there with both family and groups of friends instead of going into town we love the idea of meal stayover and breakfast and the craic. So we will be back and just to let people know we would give it 100% and a big 10 out of 10.And another thing we thought was so very nice, a couple were staying in the hotel with their 2 guide dogs and this was so nice to see that their dogs were allowed in the hotel after all none of us know when we could be put in a situation like this. so 10 out of 10

Room Tip: No tips as all the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed here 8/12 & 13, 2 adults, 2 kids, awake first night
our room was located the ballroom side, wedding in progress (not attending),
asked to be moved but told would have to wait til next morning,
my kids (3 and 5) did not sleep til 4 am, the wedding ended at 2.30,
then the noise of chatting smokers outside our window, had a restful nights sleep the next night, but would not rush back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 115regina
Cork City
Reviewed September 23, 2011

this hotel was perfect, excellent service, a stones throw from claremorris room was first myself and fiance stayed here room was first class only draw back was clientele was a little on the elderly side but other than this outstanding the leisure centre was very well equipped overall a very pleasurable 2 night stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremorris
Park Hotel Kiltimagh
The Gateway Hotel
The Gateway Hotel
#1 of 1 in Swinford
The Lodge at Ashford Castle

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!